ESPN SCHOOL QUIZ

  • Suvajit Chakraborty
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 5:01 AM

      ESPN SCHOOL QUIZ IS BACK !!!

      After a very successful run from 2000-2005, the ESPN School Quiz is back, testing the sporting knowledge of India’s young minds. India is a very educated society when it comes to the technical knowledge of sports and sporting history.

      Catering to students from classes 6 through 10 from schools across the length and breadth of this vast sports mad nation, the quiz will not only test skills and knowledge, but also provide healthy, entertainment to a vast nationwide audience.

      As in previous editions of this highly popular quiz, which were based on general sports as a theme, the rounds will be themed along the lines of the Olympic motto of Citius, Altius and Fortius, which is Latin for Faster, Higher Stronger.

      An apt motto, as in this modern information age, we expect these sharp young minds to come at each other with faster reflexes, higher standards and stronger determination when faced with tight situations, as their teams battle it out for the title of ‘India’s Top Sports School Quiz Team’ for the year 2012.

      Adding sheen to this Olympics-themed competition is the fact that we are in an Olympic year and in the month of July, the Olympic Games will be hosted for the third time by the city of London and ESPN Star Sports are the official broadcasters. As part of the build up to this quadrennial extravaganza, we will have a slew of programming. Of all the programs on the anvil, one that promises to enthrall, entertain and educate the most will be this Olympics edition of the ESPN School Quiz.

      In order to facilitate this, we have split the country into four zones – North, West, East and South. The geographic spread has also been kept in mind, to ensure participation from a variety of cities – small and large alike.

      There will be a total of 23 cities where we will conduct our written qualifier:

      NATIONAL WRITTEN QUALIFIER – TEST CENTRES

      Sunday April 8, 2012

      10 AM – 11 AM

      NORTH ZONE

      NEW DELHI

      Delhi Public School
      Sector 12, R. K. Puram,
      New Delhi - 110022

      CHANDIGARH

      Bhartya Vidya Bhavan

      Sector 27 B, Madhya Marg,

      Chandigarh - 160019

      JAIPUR

      Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Vidyashram

      Sector 26, Opp. Dwarikapuri,

      Near NRI Circle, Pratap Nagar,

      Jaipur - 302033

      DEHRADUN

      Col. Brown School
      5 Kasturba Road, Dalanwala,

      Dehradun - 248001

      LUCKNOW

      La Martiniere College
      La Martiniere Road,

      Lucknow - 226001

      LUDHIANA

      Delhi Public School
      Vill Jhammat, P.O. Ayali Kalan,

      Ludhiana – 142027

      WEST ZONE

      MUMBAI

      Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre

      Opp Bombay Glass Works, Near Yashwant Natya Mandir,

      J.K Sawant Marg, Matunga West,

      Mumbai - 400016

      PUNE

      Radiant Paradise Housing Society Club House
      Kedari Nagar, Wanaworie,

      Pune – 411040

      AHMEDABAD

      HK Conference Hall
      Shri H.K.Arts College, Opp. Handloom House,

      Ashram Road,

      Ahmedabad - 380009

      GWALIOR

      Blossom Convent Higher Secondary School
      Ullas Bhavan, Khedapati Road,

      Gwalior - 476001

      BHOPAL

      People's College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
      Bhanpur, Karond-By-Pass Road,
      Bhopal - 462037

      PANAJI

      Hotel Manvin's

      Municipal Gardens, Church Square,

      Panaji - 403001

      EAST ZONE

      KOLKATA

      TEQIP Building (1st Floor Seminar Hall)
      Jadavpur University,

      Kolkata - 700032

      JAMSHEDPUR

      Central Public School
      Main Road, Adityapur,

      Seraikela Kharsawan,

      Jamshedpur - 831013

      GUWAHATI

      Maharishi Vidya Mandir
      VI Barsajai, Lal Mati,

      Guwahati - 781029

      PATNA

      Litera Valley School
      Naya Tola, Bhagwat Nagar,

      Kumhrar,

      Patna - 800026

      BHUBANESHWAR

      SAI International School
      Plot - 5A, Chandaka Industrial Estate,

      Infocity Road,

      Bhubaneswar - 751031

      SOUTH ZONE

      BENGALURU

      Baldwin Boys High School

      14 Hosur Road, Richmond Town,

      Bangalore - 560025

      CHENNAI

      Devi Sree Devi Preview Theatre
      No 14, 46A,Vijayaraghava Road, T.Nagar,

      Chennai - 600017

      HYDERABAD

      Kalinga Function Halls
      Kalinga Cultural Trust, Plot No. 1269,

      Road No. 12, Banjara Hills,

      Hyderabad - 500034

      KOCHI

      Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan
      T.D. Road,

      Kochi - 682011

      THIRUVANANTHAPURAM

      Loyola School
      Sreekariyam P. O,
      Thiruvananthapuram - 695017

      VISHAKAPATNAM

      Delhi Public School

      Sector- VIII, Ukkunagaram,
      Visakhapatnam - 530032

      The Olympic Creed says "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part". So, Come and be a part of the quest for excellence in Olympics Knowledge.

      --
      Suvajit Chakraborty
      Young India Fellow 2012