Quiz One KN
- QUIZ ONE: The Pendulum Swings
(Karthik Narayan )
1. Easy one to begin with - Tom & Jerry cartoons - one can see Jerry accompanied by a grey mouse, with a big mouth and a great appetite, normally in diapers. What is the name of this mouse? (Clue: he is known by two names, giving one name will be ok)
2. The "black box" that houses an airplane's voice recorder is not Black in color. What color is it actually?
3. Lets move over to Mahatma Gandhi When the Great Man was in school, a school inspector visited his class. The inspector asked the whole class to spell out one word. All the students could spell it right except our dear old Bapu. What specific word was that?
4. Fiction/ Literature - Which 19th century fictional character lived at No.7,Savile Row in the Burlington garden of London? (Clue: he holds a world record for his travel; this makes it a sitter)
5. Gods own country trivia - Name the Goddess of Speech in Kerala. (Clue: name of a famous newspaper)
6. Easily the easiest: One of the 12 apostles of Jesus refused to believe that Jesus would
be resurrected until he could see the proof of it with his own eyes. What English expression have we derived from this?
7. Which world famous actor acted in 39 films in a single year, which is a world record? (Clue: think comedy)
8. Which world famous musicians last words were, "Friends applaud, the comedy is over."? (Clue: think classical symphony, think this great soul)
Which world famous city was made the First Capital of the United States of America on Sept 13, 12 years after the country gained independence?
His real name was Maheshdas, no doubt he was a Hindu. He wrote under the pen name "Brahma" and a collection of his poems is preserved in Bharatpur Musuem. Who? (Clue: world famous person, but not as a writer. Another clue: think back a few hundred years. Clue 3 will make it very easy City of Agra)
ANSWERS TO BE SENT TO karthik.globalsoul@...
Thnks and looking fwd to posting more quizzes
Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]