See you tomorrow at the QC Earth Charter Summit

  • Mitch Tollerud
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hello Everyone,

      One last email reminder of our big event of the year!  - the QC Earth Charter Summit on Saturday, October 15th 9am-2pm at Augustana College Student Center. Read more about the summit below.

      Our keynote speaker is in town the night before and we're having a special pre-summit reception with him tonight (Friday, October 14) at Mitch's House at 7-10pm. The address is 2226 N. Gaines St., Davenport, IA.

      What you can do for us today (if you are on Facebook) is to join our PACG Facebook page and Earth Charter Summit event page.

      Join us for the 2011 Quad Cities Earth Charter Summit

      Sustaining & strengthening our Communities though Local Foods is the theme of the 2011 Earth Charter Summit.
      Summit Date: Saturday, October 15th
      9am-2pm
      at Augustana College. Student Center

      The Earth Charter Summit will include 4 breakout workshops, a keynote address and a Local Food Lunch. Breakout session topics will include:
      -Farm to School
      -Connecting Local Food to Buyers
      -Seed Saving
      -Growing Food & Justice

      Keynote speaker is Jason Grimm, Food System Planner from Iowa Valley RC&D. A lunchtime talk will be presented by Garry Griffth, Director of Dining Augustana and Jim Johanson, Wesley Acres titled Growing Local Food Partnerships. Summit registration is from 9-9:30am in with coffee, tea and local fruit muffins. The Summit will begin at 9:30am and end at 1:45pm.

      Register at http://qcprogressiveaction.org/
      or at the door.  $10/$5 for students (pay at the door). free for the unemployed. Includes a local foods lunch.

      Share with your friends and colleagues.

      Thanks everyone!
      Mitch
      mitch@...