About Meeting Tonight - Facebook - Reception and Earth Charter Summit

  • Mitch Tollerud
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2011

      Local Foodies:

      Today is the second Wednesday of the month and you know that means - it's our Local Foods meeting 6:30 at Antonellas.

      Because of our upcoming event (see below) we're not having a full agenda meeting tonight.  If your time is limited, feel free to pass on tonight - but we really want to see you Saturday morning!

      If you want dinner and some casual social time tonight, I will still be down at Antonellas at 6:30.  We can talk about local food issues that may be on your mind. We can go over the schedule for the Earth Charter Summit and discuss the planning of a pre-summit reception with our keynote.

      You'll be getting a follow up email, but we're having a pre-summit reception with our keynote speaker on Friday, October 14th at 7pm at Mitch's House

      What you can do for us today (if you are on Facebook) is to join our PACG Facebook page and Earth Charter Summit event page.

      Of course you should already be aware of our big event this Saturday, October 15th - the Earth Charter Summit. Here is the information again.

      2011 Earth Charter Summit

      Sustaining & strengthening our Communities though Local Foods is the theme of the 2011 Earth Charter Summit.
      Summit Date: Saturday, October 15th
      9am-2pm
      at Augustana College. Student Center

      The Earth Charter Summit will include 4 breakout workshops, a keynote address and a Local Food Lunch. Breakout session topics will include:
      -Farm to School
      -Connecting Local Food to Buyers
      -Seed Saving
      -Growing Food & Justice

      Keynote speaker is Jason Grimm, Food System Planner from Iowa Valley RC&D. A lunchtime talk will be presented by Garry Griffth, Director of Dining Augustana and Jim Johanson, Wesley Acres titled Growing Local Food Partnerships. Summit registration is from 9-9:30am in with coffee, tea and local fruit muffins. The Summit will begin at 9:30am and end at 1:45pm.

      Advanced registration is recommended. Registration fee is $10/$5 for students (pay at the door). free for the unemployed. Includes a local foods lunch.

      Register at http://qcprogressiveaction.org/

      Thanks everyone!

      Mitch
      mitch@...