Some "food" for thought

  • robotwizard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2010
      This is a great idea Mitch! We need a way to stay in touch with each other and share ideas. I hope it catches on and we have many subscribers to the list.
      I have the name and number of a local business owner who has several storefronts in downtown Davenport, he is selling groceries and is also interested in selling local produce and might be interested in having a storefront for a local coop. I haven't spoke with him directly yet, but this looks like something worth following up on. Might also be someone with business and retail food experience interested in our cause.

      I also have two contacts for small local food buying "coops", one on each side of the river in RI and Davenport. My thought was to contact each of them and suggest the following:

      To spread the word about our PACG committee as some of the buyers might be interested in joining our efforts.

      Might be a potential distribution outlet for local produce or at least a mailing list of potential buyers.

      Has anyone thought about contacting Dr. Kamyar Enshayan from UNI who spoke at the food summit? He might be a good resource to kind of head us in the right direction-- to act as a sort of mentor?

      John