86Local Foods Meeting Wednesday, September 5 (change of date notice)

  • Mitch Tollerud
    Sep 3 8:51 PM

      Local Foodies:

      Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!  Fall is coming soon.

      We're moving the Local Foods Initiative September meeting up a week to Wednesday, September 5th at 6:30 at the Fresh Deli at the Davenport Freight House.  There will be no meeting on the 12th

      We have two important items on our agenda:
      • Special visit and discussion with the local Food and Water Watch campaign representative who is on the ground here in the Quad Cities to raise awareness about GMO/Genetically Engineered foods and the importance of labeling
      • Our second agenda item is to talk about our role in the upcoming Earth Charter Summit.  In order to lower costs and affect local quality, Local Foods Initiative (we) will be helping prepare and serve lunch for he event.  We need your help at the event and your attendance at this meeting to help us plan the lunch.

      Be sure the Earth Charter Summit is on your calendar - Saturday September 15th, 9am at the new Western Illinois building on River Drive in Moline.
      http://qcprogressiveaction.org/2012/08/08/earth-charter-summit-sept-15/

      Please join us for this special meeting this Wednesday.

      Thanks,
      Mitch

      --

      Mitch Tollerud