Re: What is this list? -- 2nd installment

  • Peter T. Daniels
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2000
      Doug_Ewell@... wrote:

      > As for my invented script, one person did respond privately to ask
      > about details of the script (so what did you think, Robert?) but so far
      > nobody has volunteered their font-making talents. I am still looking
      > for a fontsmith to help me out.
      >
      > I originally wrote:
      >
      > > The glyphs are very simple, consisting of straight lines only (no
      > > curves). About 55-60 glyphs would be needed.
      >
      > and should add, for those who wonder what I meant by "very simple,"
      > that most glyphs require only 2 to 4 strokes each -- the maximum is 6,
      > for an accented ligature -- and that exactly 62 glyphs are needed.
      >
      > I observe that the Qalam home page specifically includes invented
      > scripts among the list of on-topic subjects, so I am happy to post more
      > details on my "Ewellic" script if anyone is interested. As a starter,
      > I have attached a GIF showing the 46 basic characters. The remaining
      > 16 glyphs not shown are accented variants and ligatures.

      Someone familiar with Fontographer might be able to create your font in
      a weekend or so. (It's _not_ a simple task.) However, your characters
      are far, far too similar in appearance to each other to constitute a
      practical script. (That's the other main objection to the winning entry
      for Shaw Alphabet, too.)
      --
      Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...