TAHUTI LODGE, O.T.O., NYC CALENDAR OF EVENTS for MARCH, 2011 EV

  • Tahuti Lodge
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

      TAHUTI LODGE, O.T.O., NYC

      CALENDAR OF EVENTS for MARCH, 2011 EV

      * * * * *

      Saturday, March 5, 2011 e.v.

      INTRODUCTION TO TANTRA

      OPEN EVENT: 2:00-5:00 PM

      What is Tantra?

      Many people think of Tantra as 3-hour orgasms and group sex. Well… yes, it can be that. But it is also a rich cosmological viewpoint and a transformative practice that brings deeper relationships, an abiding sense of peace and connection to the Universe.

      Join our brother Peter as he talks about:

      • the history of tantra
      • currents in tantra today
      • the theory and practice of tantra
      • the Left Hand Path and the Right Hand Path
      • conscious sexuality
      • simple practices to get you started
      • sex magick

      Peter is a Level 2 initiate of Ipsalu Tantra Kriya Yoga.

      This will be a clothes-on lecture, and will give you avenues to pursue whether you're single or part of a couple.

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions,
      please email tahutilodge@...

      * * ALSO ON SATURDAY, MARCH 5 * *

      TAHUTI LODGE AUCTION !

      OPEN EVENT: 6:00-9:00 PM

      Tahuti Lodge's FUN-RAISING Committee is proud to announce a Tahuti Lodge Auction on
      March 5th from 6 -9 pm.

      There will be both a silent and live auction of items donated from lodge members and friends.

      All proceeds will go to help support Tahuti Lodge and continue our fantastic programs and events.

      Auction items include books, jewelry, music lessons, baked goods, tarot reading, artwork, magical implements, a home cooked meal, Egyptian statues, etc.

      Thanks for all your support of our Lodge and
      see you at the auction !

      Refreshments will be served. Cash bar will be available.

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions,
      please email
      tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Sunday, March 6, 2011 e.v.

      A PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF ALEISTER CROWLEY'S

      LIBER XV: THE GNOSTIC MASS

      OPEN EVENT: 3:00 PM

      Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., invites you to join us for a public celebration of
      Liber XV: The Gnostic Mass, our central ritual both public and private.

      An ideal introduction into the Mysteries and Magick of O.T.O.

      Presented under the auspices of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica, and Ordo Templi Orientis

      This Event will take place at our dedicated Temple

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Wednesday, March 9, 2011 e.v.

      MAGICK IN THEORY AND PRACTICE STUDY GROUP

      OPEN EVENT: 7:45 pm

      We will be studying this most important textbook on magick theory and practice a chapter at a time.

      Please bring your copy of MTP or download the file from the web and read it in advance.

      CHAPTER XII: OF THE BLOODY SACRIFICE, AND MATTERS COGNATE.

      http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-4/chap12.html

      Although handouts will be available for participants, please read the material beforehand online so we can get a lively discussion going.

      You can find the entire text of MTP online here:

      http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Saturday, March 12, 2011 e.v.

      Tahuti Lodge is very pleased to welcome back to NYC, the incomparable….

      LON MILO DUQUETTE

      Conducting a ALL NEW, VERY SPECIAL Workshop on

      THE TAROT OF CEREMONIAL MAGICK

      OPEN EVENT

      CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR DETAILS: http://tahutilodge.org/

      A DAY WITH LON MILO DUQUETTE

      and the

      TAROT OF CEREMONIAL MAGICK

      Tarot – Astrology – Angels – Spirits – Magick
      (Qabalistic, Enochian, Goetia)

      Every deck of Tarot cards is a magical apartment building teaming with a neatly
      organized population of angels and spirits built upon foundation of Astrology and Qabalah.

      Join Lon for an entertaining day of magick and discovery as he opens the mysteries of his
      Tarot of Ceremonial Magick. Out of print for years, it is now again available in a beautiful limited edition.

      Tarot of Ceremonial Magick is the only tarot deck ever created that accurately incorporates the key elements of Astrology and the two most popular and widely practiced varieties of Qabalah-based magick; The Enochian magick of Dr. John Dee, and Goetia. Each card is also a wealth of additional details including Tattwa meditation symbols, even I Ching hexagrams.

      Not a novelty tarot deck, this is "Real Magick in a box…" and the key that unlocks the magical mysteries of all Tarot decks.

      VISIT http://tarot.tahutilodge.org FOR MORE INFO

      This event is open to the public and will be held in Tahuti Lodge's temple space in Queens

      1:00pm - 6:00pm

      Admission is $25 in advance or $30 at the door on the day of the event.

      Seating is limited
      Please reserve your seat using Paypal http://tarot.tahutilodge.org

      * * * * *

      Sunday, March 13, 2011 e.v.

      A PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF ALEISTER CROWLEY'S

      LIBER XV: THE GNOSTIC MASS

      OPEN EVENT: 2:00 PM

      Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., invites you to join us for a public celebration of
      Liber XV: The Gnostic Mass, our central ritual both public and private.

      An ideal introduction into the Mysteries and Magick of O.T.O.

      Presented under the auspices of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica, and Ordo Templi Orientis

      This Event will take place at our dedicated Temple

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions,
      please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *
      Saturday, March 26, 2011 e.v.

      Tahuti Lodge is delighted to welcome:

      Richard Kaczynski & Kerry Kurowski (Soror Hypatia)

      for an All Day Extravaganza!

      OPEN EVENTS starting at 12:00 pm

      Attend 1 or attend ALL !

      Richard Kaczynski, presenting

      Perdurabo: The Life and Times of Aleister Crowley

      OPEN EVENT 12 pm - 1:30 pm
      Join biographer Richard Kaczynski on an audience-led multimedia presentation on the colorful life and remarkable times of Aleister Crowley. Based on the revised and expanded edition of Richard's acclaimed book "Perdurabo: The Life of Aleister Crowley," it explores the facts and fallacies about the man who called himself "The Great Beast" and knocks down the straw man that the gutter press labeled "The Wickedest Man in the World."

      Kerry Kurowski (Soror Hypatia), presenting

      RITUAL CONSTRUCTION

      OPEN EVENT 2 pm - 3:30 pm

      This class looks closely at the process of designing rituals. Among the topics discussed are ritual preparation, intent, overall structure, methods of raising energy, focusing of will and energy, magical journaling and application of the scientific method. Beginner – intermediate level.

      A PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF ALEISTER CROWLEY'S

      LIBER XV: THE GNOSTIC MASS

      WITH SPECIAL GUEST MASS TEAM
      Brother Richard & Sister Kerry

      OPEN EVENT: 4:00 PM

      Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., invites you to join us for a public celebration of Liber XV: The Gnostic Mass, our central ritual both public and private.

      With special Guest Mass team Br. Richard and Sr. Kerry

      An ideal introduction into the Mysteries and Magick of O.T.O.

      Presented under the auspices of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica, and Ordo Templi Orientis

      This Event will take place at our dedicated Temple

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      Richard Kaczynski, Ph.D., is a scholar and international lecturer on western esotericism specializing in the life and works of Aleister Crowley. His revised expanded edition of "Perdurabo: The Life of Aleister Crowley" (2010) is widely considered the definitive biography of the Beast. Richard is also the author of "The Weiser Concise Guide to Aleister Crowley" (2009), "Perdurabo Outtakes" (2003), "Panic in Detroit: The Magician and the Motor City" (2004), and he contributed to to several books (Aleister Crowley and Western Esotericism:
      An Anthology of Critical Studies, A Concordance to the Holy Books of Thelema, The Golden Dawn Sourcebook, Rebels and Devils) and the magazines (High Times, The Magical Link, Neshamah, Cheth, Mezlim, Eidolon, Different Worlds), among others. He has appeared in the documentaries "Secrets of the Occult" (2006) and "Aleister Crowley: The Beast 666" (2007), He is currently working on a history of 19th century secret societies. Richard has been a member of O.T.O. since 1987. He travels, teaches and lectures widely, and has served O.T.O. in various capacities at the local, national and international levels.

      Kerry Kurowski (Soror Hypatia) has been a member of Ordo Templi Orientis since 1995. She presently serves as United States Grand Lodge Secretary of the Eccelsia Gnostica Catholica (Gnostic Catholic Church), High Priestess of Infinite Stars Chapter of Rose Croix and was master of William Blake Lodge from 2001-2008. As a speaker, she has taught numerous classes on the role of the priestess, Tarot, magick, initiation, ritual construction, fund raising, event management and many other topics. She has presented at local esoteric stores in the MD/DC metro area, O.T.O. bodies around the East Coast, and has celebrated the Gnostic Mass at Harvest Home Gathering, 2006. Additionally, she has lectured internationally in Sydney, Australia; Vancouver, Canada and Oslo, Norway. Kerry is a regular presenter for O.T.O.'s Kaaba Colloquium Leadership Seminar and has also has lectured several times for the O.T.O. National
      Conference as well as serving as on-site conference chair for NOTOCON in 2005. She works as a professional event manager.
      * * * * *

      PLEASE NOTE:

      There is a suggested contribution for most events of $10.00 to help cover the cost of renting and maintaining our temple facility.

      Love is the law, love under will.