Re: Snap & Pops

  • jacknmh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2003
      --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, "dream7seven2002"
      <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
      > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
      are
      > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
      > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
      > type used for wrapping gifts). You thro this 'package' against a
      hard
      > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
      >
      > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
      greatly
      > appreacitated. Thanks!

      Um what your thinking of is not fireworks its party snappers they
      sellthem at my grocery store all the time for 5o cents for 50 of
      them. i could by some packs if you want but you gotta pay reply if
      you want you could send the money by mail if you want but reply.
    • dream7seven2002
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2003
        Okay try this again, I am looking for the INGREIDIENTS of "Snap &
        Rocks" Yes they are more of a party favor. Very low end, however I
        still require the ingriedients for a report I am doing for school. It
        is due in a couple of weeks and I have no real clue. Please help, oh
        and by the way... if I wanted to buy the things I can do that myself
        just around the corner, but thanks for the offers.

        <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
        > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
        are
        > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
        > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
        > type used for wrapping gifts). You throw this 'package' against a
        hard
        > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
        >
        > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
        greatly
        > appreacitated. Thanks!
      • utrocketman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2003
          The Snap and Pops you refere to use a type of contact explosive. I do
          not remember what it is called but I am sure I could find out. The
          rocks are just sand grains and they are there to provide the hammer
          to the anvil so to speak.
          Dave

          <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
          > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
          are
          > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
          > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
          > type used for wrapping gifts). You thro this 'package' against a
          hard
          > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
          >
          > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
          greatly
          > appreacitated. Thanks!
        • j_yeardly
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2003
            several cocktales not to try

            Unstable Explosives
            Mix solid Nitric Iodine with househould ammonia. Wait overnight and
            then pour off the liquid. You will be left with a muddy substance.
            Let this dry till it hardens. Now throw it at something!!!!

            better is this type of
            Touch Explosives
            This is sort of a mild explosive, but it can be quite dangerous in
            large quantities. To make touch explosive (such as that found in a
            snap-n-pop, but more powerful), use this recipe:

            - Mix iodine crystals into ammonia until the iodine crystals will
            not dissolve into the ammonia anymore. Pour off the excess ammonia
            and dry out the crystals on a baking sheet the same way as you
            dried the thermite (in other words, just let it sit overnight!).

            - Be careful now because these crystals are now your touch
            explosive. Carefully wrap a bunch in paper (I mean carefully!
            Friction sets 'em off!) and throw them around.. pretty loud, huh?
            They are fun to put on someone's chair. Add a small fish sinker to
            them and they can be thrown a long distance (good for crowds,
            football games, concerts, etc.) Have fun!

            this is for info only and I am not responcible for what anyone dose
            with it
            Joe