Snap & Pops

  • dream7seven2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2003
      I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that are
      in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
      several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
      type used for wrapping gifts). You thro this 'package' against a hard
      surface and it explodes with a loud pop.

      Any information on the formulation of this item would be greatly
      appreacitated. Thanks!
    • jacknmh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2003
        --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, "dream7seven2002"
        <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
        > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
        are
        > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
        > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
        > type used for wrapping gifts). You thro this 'package' against a
        hard
        > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
        >
        > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
        greatly
        > appreacitated. Thanks!

        Um what your thinking of is not fireworks its party snappers they
        sellthem at my grocery store all the time for 5o cents for 50 of
        them. i could by some packs if you want but you gotta pay reply if
        you want you could send the money by mail if you want but reply.
      • dream7seven2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2003
          Okay try this again, I am looking for the INGREIDIENTS of "Snap &
          Rocks" Yes they are more of a party favor. Very low end, however I
          still require the ingriedients for a report I am doing for school. It
          is due in a couple of weeks and I have no real clue. Please help, oh
          and by the way... if I wanted to buy the things I can do that myself
          just around the corner, but thanks for the offers.

          <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
          > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
          are
          > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
          > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
          > type used for wrapping gifts). You throw this 'package' against a
          hard
          > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
          >
          > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
          greatly
          > appreacitated. Thanks!
        • utrocketman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2003
            The Snap and Pops you refere to use a type of contact explosive. I do
            not remember what it is called but I am sure I could find out. The
            rocks are just sand grains and they are there to provide the hammer
            to the anvil so to speak.
            Dave

            <dream7seven2002@y...> wrote:
            > I am interested in learning the ingreidients for the 'rocks' that
            are
            > in your basic low end 'snap & pops'. These are what appears to be
            > several 'rocks' contained inside of a piece of tissue paper, (The
            > type used for wrapping gifts). You thro this 'package' against a
            hard
            > surface and it explodes with a loud pop.
            >
            > Any information on the formulation of this item would be
            greatly
            > appreacitated. Thanks!
          • j_yeardly
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2003
              several cocktales not to try

              Unstable Explosives
              Mix solid Nitric Iodine with househould ammonia. Wait overnight and
              then pour off the liquid. You will be left with a muddy substance.
              Let this dry till it hardens. Now throw it at something!!!!

              better is this type of
              Touch Explosives
              This is sort of a mild explosive, but it can be quite dangerous in
              large quantities. To make touch explosive (such as that found in a
              snap-n-pop, but more powerful), use this recipe:

              - Mix iodine crystals into ammonia until the iodine crystals will
              not dissolve into the ammonia anymore. Pour off the excess ammonia
              and dry out the crystals on a baking sheet the same way as you
              dried the thermite (in other words, just let it sit overnight!).

              - Be careful now because these crystals are now your touch
              explosive. Carefully wrap a bunch in paper (I mean carefully!
              Friction sets 'em off!) and throw them around.. pretty loud, huh?
              They are fun to put on someone's chair. Add a small fish sinker to
              them and they can be thrown a long distance (good for crowds,
              football games, concerts, etc.) Have fun!

              this is for info only and I am not responcible for what anyone dose
              with it
              Joe