The book chemical magic

  • luminousjellypuddle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      the book chemical magic has very usefull pyrotechnic information in
      it however it does not nearly explain the dangers involved in using
      some of the chemicals,such as how white phosphorus spontaniously
      combusts due to exposure to oxygen to include air, there are some
      other dangerous aspects like they did not give any better warning
      than dont get burnt in thier section on flash powder, in fact that
      warning was at the begining of the book seperate from the flash
      powder section,and they didnt even give the proper name (FLASH
      POWDER) anywhere in the book,which to some amature pyrotechnitians
      is thier only knowladge that what thier working with is as dangerous
      as it is.I my self have never made flash but ive read alot about it
      and from what i understand you create an unstable mixture when you
      mix chlorates and sulfers,this mixture also spontaniously
      combusts,this mixture is also in this book without proper warning or
      address,i found it strange that they reprinted the book at all and
      with no corrections to these areas,however i did notice that they
      removed all aspects of using asbestos in the reprint where as they
      used it like mad men in the original,still this book is a most
      excellent source of knowladge,and a good place to begin
      experimenting (WITH CAUTION I'D HOPE).Stay safe