phosphorus

  • luminousjellypuddle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      i hope people are still using this group,im having trouble finding
      the glowin the dark phosphorus,i found a recipe that goes like this:
      place a pea sized solid of white phosphorus in a test tube with 2
      inches of water and heat until the water boils,narrow the opening of
      the tube with a rubber stopper and a thin glass tube,the gases
      released will become highly visable in a dark room,,,,,,,,,,I would
      appreciate if any one can tell me where to locate WHITE PHOSPHORUS.
      i located this experiment in a book called chemical magic by leonard
      a ford,it was an old book writen along time ago and has been revised
      and republished for sale,note that alot about 1/3 of the projects in
      here seem pointless and uterly a waste of time however there is a
      strange amount of usefull knowladge here that i have found no where
      else,,, ISBN 0-486-67628-5