flashh powder

  • luminousjellypuddle
    Message 1 of 70 , Nov 3, 2001
      I know that certian metals will produce differant
      and brilliant colors when thier ground up and
      burned,however when i was younger i came across a book called
      chemical magic in a pawn shop and it had several chemical
      compound recipies for different color flash
      powders,red,blue,green,white,and purple.I dont know if metals were part of the
      compound or not.I was hoping someone here would have such
      recipies or even know where to find the book chemical
      magic.
    • P.
      Message 70 of 70 , Jan 25, 2004
        --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, "P. " <gen-
        mills@r...> wrote:
        > --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, luminousjellypuddle
        > wrote:
        > > Im planning on making a fountain and there is a
        > > substance in the formula called STEARIN.I was hoping one of
        > > you could tell me a bit about
        > > it,properties,sources,hazards ect? Also does anyone know of a
        good
        > book that
        > > tells of property discriptions for all the items on the
        > > element chart?
        >
        > stearin
        > Related: Organic Chemistry
        >
        > (sterĀ“in) , fat that is the triglyceride of stearic acid, CH 3 (CH
        > 2 ) 16 CO 2 H, i.e., the tristearate ester of glycerol. It is a
        white
        > crystalline solid at ordinary temperatures and is insoluble in
        water
        > and very slightly soluble in alcohol. It is found (often mixed with
        > palmitin ) in many hard fats and oils, e.g., in tallow, suet,
        > butterfat, cottonseed oil, and olive oil. It is used in making soap
        > and candles.

        You can purchace Stearin
        herehttp://www.homeuk.altura.com/products/60950/6737948/Stearin.html