Re: Napalm

  • goldenweasel2002
    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 6, 2001
      No, but because the polystyrene is in foam form, the gasoline will absorb a lot. You be the judge of how thin or thick you want the napalm, it depends on your purpose.
    • P.
      Message 70 of 70 , Jan 25, 2004
        --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, "P. " <gen-
        mills@r...> wrote:
        > --- In pyrotechnicsinformation@yahoogroups.com, luminousjellypuddle
        > wrote:
        > > Im planning on making a fountain and there is a
        > > substance in the formula called STEARIN.I was hoping one of
        > > you could tell me a bit about
        > > it,properties,sources,hazards ect? Also does anyone know of a
        good
        > book that
        > > tells of property discriptions for all the items on the
        > > element chart?
        >
        > stearin
        > Related: Organic Chemistry
        >
        > (sterĀ“in) , fat that is the triglyceride of stearic acid, CH 3 (CH
        > 2 ) 16 CO 2 H, i.e., the tristearate ester of glycerol. It is a
        white
        > crystalline solid at ordinary temperatures and is insoluble in
        water
        > and very slightly soluble in alcohol. It is found (often mixed with
        > palmitin ) in many hard fats and oils, e.g., in tallow, suet,
        > butterfat, cottonseed oil, and olive oil. It is used in making soap
        > and candles.

        You can purchace Stearin
        herehttp://www.homeuk.altura.com/products/60950/6737948/Stearin.html