Re: pvbrowser on windows

  • sencer_sultanoglu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
      Hello,
      ping is OK.
      firewall is disabled.
      pvbrowser is working by connecting to pv://pvbrowser.org on Windows.
      There is no antivirus program.
      There is no proxy.

      I also tried running pvbrowser on another Linux computer. It also
      cannot connect to server which is running on Fedora 9. At the moment
      I can run pvbrowser and server are running on the same computer.

      This may not be problem of pvserver or browser, but what should I
      check on the client and server computers?

      Thank you,

      Sencer

      --- In pvbrowser@yahoogroups.com, "pvbrowser" <pvbrowser@...> wrote:

      > First ping your Fedora system in order to check the network
      > connection.
      >
      > Then make sure port 5050 is not blocked by the firewall.
      >
      > PS: You can test your pvbrowser on windows, by connecting to
      > pv://pvbrowser.org
      > which is a test server on the internet
      >
      > Please also check that windows security software does not block
      > pvbrowser from using the network.

    • pvbrowser
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2009
        > ping is OK.
        In this case the network connection should be ok.

        > firewall is disabled.
        Are you really sure that the firewall is disabled ?
        Or when the firewall is enabled, that you have opened port 5050 ?

        > pvbrowser is working by connecting to pv://pvbrowser.org on Windows.
        Ok, then the the client pvbrowser is running on is ok.

        > There is no antivirus program.
        > There is no proxy.
        Ok, otherwise pv://pvbrowser.org would not run.

        > I also tried running pvbrowser on another Linux computer. It also
        > cannot connect to server which is running on Fedora 9. At the moment
        > I can run pvbrowser and server are running on the same computer.
        Ok, if you can run pv://localhost:5050 everything with pvbrowser
        itself is ok.

        > This may not be problem of pvserver or browser, but what should I
        > check on the client and server computers?
        You can also check the connection to the pvserver using telnet.
        telnet hostname 5050
        You will see, what the pvserver is sending.

        You could also run apache on your Fedora system
        and try to connect to it from your windows system.

        Please reply what results you get.
      • sencer_sultanoglu
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
          Hi, firewall is disabled. And I also tried that you mentioned, when
          firewall is enabled I explicitly opened port 5050.

          When I tried "telnet hostIP 5050" when pvserver is running,
          connection is unsuccessful. It displays "Connecting To
          192.168.16.138...Could not open connection to the host, on port 5050:
          Connect failed"

          I've installed Apache on Fedora with default configuration. Again, I
          cannot access to computer with Windows Explorer.

          I also disabled selinux on the server computer.

          It seems to be there is a setting on the server computer that I do
          not know how to configure.