FW: [Newswire] September Lions Clubs Newsletter

  • Greg Steinmetz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011

      From: Lions Clubs International [mailto:memberupdate@...]
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:12 AM
      To: greg@...
      Subject: [Newswire] September Lions Clubs Newsletter

      Image removed by sender.

      In our September issue, you'll learn about our famine relief efforts in Africa, the Power of Peace Essay Contest, new Lions Clubs videos and more. Read on for the latest Lions Clubs International news and information.

      Lions, LCIF Providing Famine Relief in Africa

      Image removed by sender. Famine in AfricaRight now, famine is threatening the lives of millions of people in Africa. As always, Lions are bringing aid to the people affected by this disaster. LCIF has approved a US$15,000 grant to support famine relief. Lions in Kenya also collected US$10,000. And our members around the world are rallying to help. Lions in Sweden are donating US$77,000. A Lions club in Germany has pledged to collect US$7,100. And Lions from Ethiopia are taking part in relief efforts. Learn more about our efforts in Africa - and how you can help.

      Sponsor the "Children Know Peace" Essay Contest

      Clubs are encouraged to sponsor blind or visually impaired students, ages 11 to 13, to compete in the "Children Know Peace" Essay Contest. To learn more about the contest, download the Lions International Essay Contest Rules.

      Watch the Latest Lions Clubs Videos on the Lions News Network

      Image removed by sender. Vision of PeaceThe Lions News Network features broadcast-quality programs that you can use to inspire your club - and attract new members. Visit LNN today to view a new video about our Peace Poster Contest, Vision of Peace. Watch Become Involved, Become a Lion to see young adults speaking about why they became a Lion. And learn more about 2011-12 International President Wing-Kun Tam by viewing his theme and biography videos.

      New and Improved Lions Learning Center Provides Leadership Training Online

      The Lions Learning Center (LLC) has a new streamlined look - and now categorizes courses by key skills: leadership, managing others, achieving results and communication. There's also an improved course login page that allows you to create a personal account to track course completion progress. In addition, the LLC gives you access to a new Lions Profile report. Your Lions Profile includes all of your LLC training information - and allows you to add other Lions training, such as district training, to your profile. Get your Lions club member number from your club secretary and set up your account today.

      New Report Required for Clubs with More Than 30 New Members in One Fiscal Year

      In July, the International Board of Directors passed a new resolution to limit the number of new members an active club may add during a fiscal year to 30 (unless approved by both the district governor and first vice district governor). To ensure viable clubs, existing clubs that add 30 or more new members during a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) will need to complete the new Report of Over 30 New Members Form.

      LIONS QUARTERLY

      Image removed by sender.

      Watch LQ to see what our first Peace Poster Contest winner from 1988 is doing now.

      HIGHLIGHTS

      Commemorative Coin
      Support this campaign to commemorate our centennial.

      Lions Clubs Blog
      Read our blog to get news updates during the month.

      CONTESTS

      Peace Poster Contest

      Sponsor a Peace Poster Contest in your community.

      Environmental Photo Contest

      Organize a club-level contest to showcase the beauty of nature.

      EVENTS

      2012 International Convention

      Learn about our 2012 event in Busan, South Korea.

      Calendar of Events

      Review upcoming Lions events your club can promote locally.

      CONNECT WITH  US ONLINE

      Image removed by sender. social network icons

      Image removed by sender.

      Image removed by sender.

      This email was sent to greg@... by memberupdate@... |

      Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.

      Lions Clubs International | 300 W. 22nd St. | Oak Brook | IL | 60523

      Image removed by sender.