FW: [Newswire] April Lions Clubs Newsletter

  • Robert Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:56 AM

      Bob Taylor

      805- 910-9912 (m)

      From: Lions Clubs International [mailto:memberupdate@...]
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 8:07 AM
      To: robert.taylor166@...
      Subject: [Newswire] April Lions Clubs Newsletter

      In our April issue, you'll learn about our disaster relief efforts in Japan, find out about a new video message from International President Sid Scruggs and more. Read on for the latest Lions Clubs International news and information.

      Lions, LCIF Providing Disaster Relief in Japan

      Image removed by sender.Following the largest earthquake in Japan's history, Lions in Japan provided disaster relief, while our Foundation mobilized more than US$5 million to support immediate and long-term relief efforts. Lions in Japan themselves are working to raise $3 million, coordinating relief efforts via social media and using the Japan Lions Office in Tokyo as their emergency relief headquarters. Read blog.

      New Video Message from President Scruggs

      President Scruggs is asking Lions to shine a light on the environment during a special service action campaign, "Protecting Our Environment." In April, your club can join Lions around the world to raise environmental awareness in connection with Earth Day. Organize a hands-on project to mobilize your club members. And help show the strength of our worldwide network. Watch the "Protecting Our Environment" video message. And get resources you can use to plan your club's "Protecting Our Environment" project.

      Lions Clubs International Convention Mobile Phone App

      Image removed by sender.The 2011 international convention mobile phone App gives you access to the latest convention news at the touch of your fingers! It works on all major smart phone platforms, including iPhone, Droid and Blackberry. App users can preview the convention schedule to create their own custom event plan, view delegation event information, connect to social media tools like Twitter and Facebook to communicate with fellow Lions and much more. Download App now.

      New Champions Lions Club Materials

      With a primary focus on projects that serve Special Olympics athletes, Champions Lions clubs build accepting communities for persons with intellectual disabilities and their families. Learn how you can start a Lions club with a primary focus on Special Olympics athletes in the new Champions Lions Club Guide (PDF). You can also contact our new clubs team to get in touch with your local Special Olympics Program and to request Champions Lions Club Brochures.

      Make Plans to Recycle for Sight in May

      May is Lions Recycle for Sight month. Take this opportunity to start a club eyeglass collection project - or raise awareness of your club's ongoing efforts - by placing collection boxes in highly visible locations, such as libraries and schools. Ordering Recycle for Sight supplies to promote your collection. And shipping collected eyeglasses to a regional Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center. To learn more, contact us.

      LIONS QUARTERLY

      Image removed by sender.

      Watch LQ to see how Lions are helping millions around the world.

      HIGHLIGHTS

      Relief for New Zealand

      Learn how Lions, LCIF are helping earthquake victims in New Zealand.

      Lions Clubs Blog

      Read our blog to get news updates during the month.

      CONTESTS

      Peace Poster Contest

      Sponsor a 2011-2012 Peace Poster Contest in your community.

      International Contest

      Enter your Newsletter, Trading Pin, Banner or Web Site today.

      EVENTS

      Calendar of Events

      Review upcoming Lions events your club can promote locally.

      CONNECT WITH  US ONLINE

      Image removed by sender. social network icons

      Image removed by sender.

      Image removed by sender.

      This email was sent to robert.taylor166@... by memberupdate@... |

      Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.

      Lions Clubs International | 300 W. 22nd St. | Oak Brook | IL | 60523

      Image removed by sender.