Puzzle marketing question

  • frankblissett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2002
      Sorry if this is off topic.

      I am in the process of self-publishing a riddle book, ?Riddle of the
      Knarf?. One means of promotion that I am brainstorming is a contest
      with a prize to the first person that can answer all the riddles. Of
      course, that would mean that I would not be able to include the
      answers in the book ? at least in early printings until someone wins.

      As such, would this make you more likely to buy the book or less
      likely. Also, how big a prize would be reasonable?

      Thanks in advance for any help or other advice you can provide.

      -Frank Blissett
      frankbliss@...
    • BCCollegeLife@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2002
        It would make us more want to buy the nook of course. Also, there should be
        very easy ones and the more strategic ones. Now of course you would have to
        make it worth the persons time to play these (if they were only doing it for
        the money) so I would say $5 for the easiest and $100 for the hardest. Now if
        you published a book like this, the riddles would be solved that day. So you
        would have to do something like a subscription so they can play every month.
        And only have maybe 3 or 4 riddle's in the book per month. Now of course you
        would need to feel the book up with other things, like normal riddle's and
        puzzles with answers of course. And also lots of advertisement! The true way
        to making money is going to be with sponsored ads in your book. I dunno, I
        just woke up and this all popped in my head when I read this. What do you
        think >?

        Sincerely,
        Dustin Hering
        PowerfulDiets.com