puzzle cars and pedestrians

  • sitalakshmi seshadrinathan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010

      Hello dear all,

      My Season's greetings to you.

      A puzzle for you.

      A Pedestrian is walking at constant speed in one direction along the two way road.

       The cars  have to drive at fixed speed.

      The cars were allowed to enter at regular interval from entry point.

      Every 3 minutes he meets a car from opposite direction.

      Every 6 minutes a car passes him.

      What is the interval at which cars are allowed to enter the road ?

      I request you all to send your analyses for the puzzle Cars and Pedestrians.

      Name of the first 10 people sending the correct analysis will be published in my website www.gymnasiumforbrain.com

      Mail your analysis to gymnasiumforbrain@...

      With warm regards / greetings

      Sitalakshmi Seshadrinathan

      www.gymnasiumforbrain.com
    • hhh huhi;o
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
        4 minutes

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
          Dear hhhhuhi

          Happy Deepavali or seasons greetings.

          Coming to the puzzle,

          You  can think and try the puzzle again based on the following clue:

          One more chance to you.

          Again the clue is

          Cars are allowed into the bridge at equal intervals
          Man is walking towards one end as such he is closer to end as the time pass

          With best wishes
          Sitalakshmi Seshadrinathan

          On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:42 AM, hhh huhi;o <hameedbashask@...> wrote:

          4 minutes