Re: [puzzles] clue : number puzzle

  • Roy SudipKumar
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      My dear Anthony,

      I must say that yours is really a clever and out of the box solution, although i am not sure whether 'base' can be considered as a mathematical sign. However this is one possible solution.

      Do you have any other solution in vase 10 system ?with the clue given by me ?

      cheers!

      Sudip

      Anthony Immanuel <manuroam@...> wrote:
      dear sudip,

      Let me try once again..

      (20-0) base 8 = 2 * 8

      http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Mobile. Try it now.

      http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

    • Anthony Immanuel
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        Dear Roy,

        Is this OK?

        2 * cos(0.0) pow 8 = 2 Mod 8

        I think this time the "." actually counts as fifth symbol.

        I am not making any head way..

        Best regards,
        Tony

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
          My dear Tony,

          You are thinking in a too complicated way. you can do it with normal maths signs which even an eighth standard student is aware of . No cos and mod knowledge is required. it is far more simple.

          I'll post the solution on monday, if nobody cracks it earlier.

        • Tim Roberts
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
            Hi Sudip,

            (2 - 00) * 8 = Ö (2^8)