Re: [puzzles] Clue: it's word puzzle again!

  • Ramya J
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 2007
      Is it "there" ??

      Ramya ... always wishing you happiness !

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 2007
         THERE. THAT IS ROCKET

        wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Weekend teaser for you :
        >
        > look at the following words -
        >
        > a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
        >
        > which of the following words fit the group above ?
        >
        > here, there, centre, down
        >
        > good luck!
        >
        > Sudip
        >

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
        homepage.

        dhivya.R

        Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

      • Roy SudipKumar
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 23, 2007
          Hi All,

          Tim Roberts decoded it in no time.

          Let's see the clue

          if you take 'out' from 'spout', what is 'left' is 'sp' .... and that's the 'right' clue.
          Add 'sp'  in front of the given words 'a', 'in', 'lit' etc and you get new meaningful words like 'spa', 'spin', 'split' etc.

          Of the four words given to select, only 'here' has that characteristic ( 'sphere' ).

          So 'here' is the word which fits the group.

          cheers!

          Sudip

          wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > Weekend teaser for you :
          >
          > look at the following words -
          >
          > a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
          >
          > which of the following words fit the group above ?
          >
          > here, there, centre, down
          >
          > good luck!
          >
          > Sudip
          >

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
          homepage.

        • isaac_janelle
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
            wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Tim Roberts decoded it in no time.
            >
            > Let's see the clue
            >
            > if you take 'out' from 'spout', what is 'left' is 'sp' .... and
            that's the 'right' clue.
            > Add 'sp' in front of the given words 'a', 'in', 'lit' etc and
            you get new meaningful words like 'spa', 'spin', 'split' etc.

            > Of the four words given to select, only 'here' has that
            characteristic ( 'sphere' ).

            > So 'here' is the word which fits the group.
            >
            > cheers!
            >
            > Sudip
            >
            > Sudip <sudiproy_49@...> wrote:
            > Hello All,
            >
            > No response ! So here is a clue
            >
            > out of spout,
            > flew into the blue.
            > left is right,
            > that's your clue.
            >
            > good luck!
            >
            > Sudip
            >
            > --- In puzzles@yahoogroups.com, Roy SudipKumar <sudiproy_49@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello All,
            > >
            > > Weekend teaser for you :
            > >
            > > look at the following words -
            > >
            > > a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
            > >
            > > which of the following words fit the group above ?
            > >
            > > here, there, centre, down
            > >
            > > good luck!
            > >
            > > Sudip

            take ere out of here and add a and u get ha
            take ere out of there and add in and u get thin
            take enter out of center and add lash and u get clash

            > > ---------------------------------
            > > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
            > homepage.
            > >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
            homepage.

          • Ravi
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
              Sudip,
              Here's another way to decrypt the puzzle. Look at the number of letters in the sequence...
              a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
              1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, __, 4, 3, 2
              What's the best fit now? "there"?

              wrote:

              > Hello All,
              >
              > Weekend teaser for you :
              >
              > look at the following words -
              >
              > a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
              >
              > which of the following words fit the group above ?
              >
              > here, there, centre, down
              >
              > good luck!
              >
              > Sudip
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
              homepage.

            • ~Sangeetha~ Prasad

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
                  Dear Ravi and Sangeetha,

                  I would have accepted your answer as correct had the series been complete with an additional last word of single letter. Since there is none, I am inclined to say that there is a better alternate solution.

                  Nevertheless thanks for your mails.

                  cheers!

                  Sudip

                  ~Sangeetha~ Prasad <sangs_jainivas@...> wrote:
                  "5"of course

                  wrote:

                  > Hello All,
                  >
                  > Weekend teaser for you :
                  >
                  > look at the following words -
                  >
                  > a, in, lit, urge, arrow, rocket, lash, out, am
                  >
                  > which of the following words fit the group above ?
                  >
                  > here, there, centre, down
                  >
                  > good luck!
                  >
                  > Sudip
                  >

                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your
                  homepage.

                  Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

                • Ken Stiles
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
                    But the .her is repeated 3 times, indicating the plural.

                    Blessings,

                    Ken Stiles
                    The Pencil Puzzle Connection
                    http://www.pencilpuzzles.com/