Asking for help!

  • Penn Eckert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
      I have this word puzzle which is intended to be a location to
      find a person. It is as follows, where and how might I find this
      person and can you help me to understand it better?

      "Skills you seek,
      I have one of many,
      Follow your beak,
      For less than a penny,
      Under the bridge,
      And over the park,
      Flying so high,
      You might miss the mark,
      Worthless to some,
      But precious to others,
      You'll find my home'
      Where nobody bothers".
    • Mary
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
        THE FIRST THEN I THINK OF IS A PHONE BOOK ?????:-/
        --- In puzzles@yahoogroups.com, "Penn Eckert" <pennshome723@...> wrote:

        > I have this word puzzle which is intended to be a location to
        > find a person. It is as follows, where and how might I find this
        > person and can you help me to understand it better?
        >

        > "Skills you seek,
        > I have one of many,
        > Follow your beak,
        > For less than a penny,
        > Under the bridge,
        > And over the park,
        > Flying so high,
        > You might miss the mark,
        > Worthless to some,
        > But precious to others,
        > You'll find my home'
        > Where nobody bothers".

      • Tim Roberts
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
          Big Bird in Sesame Street?

          Tim

          --- Penn Eckert <pennshome723@...> wrote:

          > I have this word puzzle which is intended to be a
          > location to
          > find a person. It is as follows, where and how might
          > I find this
          > person and can you help me to understand it better?
          >

          > "Skills you seek,
          > I have one of many,
          > Follow your beak,
          > For less than a penny,
          > Under the bridge,
          > And over the park,
          > Flying so high,
          > You might miss the mark,
          > Worthless to some,
          > But precious to others,
          > You'll find my home'
          > Where nobody bothers".

        • Penn Eckert
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
            Guys I play in a PBEM (Play By Email Game) called Midgard, set in a
            fantasy middle ages style setting and the NPC (non-play character)
            is a Instructor in the skill of Palaeography. Now to find this
            instructor he gave me the below quote to find him, thus if I am able
            to locate him in this fantasy city using that clue I can have my
            character train with him. What I am looking for is some effective
            and constructive assistance from this collective. IT is a Riddle /
            Puzzle...isn't that what this group is set up for? I am asking this
            collective for some help please!

            Penn

            --- In puzzles@yahoogroups.com, Tim Roberts <tsr21@...> wrote:

            > Big Bird in Sesame Street?
            >
            > Tim
            >
            > --- Penn Eckert <pennshome723@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I have this word puzzle which is intended to be a
            > > location to
            > > find a person. It is as follows, where and how might
            > > I find this
            > > person and can you help me to understand it better?
            > >

            > > "Skills you seek,
            > > I have one of many,
            > > Follow your beak,
            > > For less than a penny,
            > > Under the bridge,
            > > And over the park,
            > > Flying so high,
            > > You might miss the mark,
            > > Worthless to some,
            > > But precious to others,
            > > You'll find my home'
            > > Where nobody bothers".

          • Tim Roberts
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
              Hi Penn,

              In any puzzle, the context is all-important. You talk
              about a fantasy city, but give no details - does it
              have landmarks? Are there bridges and parks? Is
              there a map? Are there other people? etc etc. I
              suspect many here are more than willing to help, but
              unable to without a little more detail...

              Tim

            • mike slaska
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
                In that case, some of the clues in the riddle are probably specific to the particular world in which you are playing.  I'm not sure anyone here can be of too much assitance...

                --- In puzzles@yahoogroups.com, Tim Roberts wrote:

                > Big Bird in Sesame Street?
                >
                > Tim
                >
                > --- Penn Eckert wrote:
                >
                > > I have this word puzzle which is intended to be a
                > > location to
                > > find a person. It is as follows, where and how might
                > > I find this
                > > person and can you help me to understand it better?
                > >

                > > "Skills you seek,
                > > I have one of many,
                > > Follow your beak,
                > > For less than a penny,