The Norma Jean Baker puzzle

  • cgr2000ie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      Dear all,

      This puzzle has been perplexing me and a friend of mine for a few
      days. We don't have the answer yet, unfortunately. Can anyone beat us
      to it?

      Thanks and regards,
      CiarĂ¡n.

      Clues are as follows:

      1) N, O, R, M, A, J, E, B, K are distinct integers valued
      from 1 to 9
      2) O is prime
      3) NORMA
      + JEAN
      --------
      BAKER

      Not sure if clue 3 will read well with everyone depending on what
      your default font is. It's intended to be the summing of a 5 digit
      number and a four digit number - for example 12345 + 6789 = 19134 or
      whatever.