Shopping Reminder

  • Harold Underdown
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Dear Friend of the Purple Crayon,

      This message contains information about the online stores the site
      links to, and which pay commissions for referrals. Please accept this
      as something like a National Public Radio fund-raising drive--it's
      annoying, but if you do want to help, this is how to do it. If you
      don't, just delete this message.

      We've added new "sponsors" to the Bookstores page, so if you haven't
      visited there recently, you might want to do so again, and then
      bookmark it.

      The URL is: http://www.underdown.org/bookstores.htm

      New stores include:

      Apple Computer--I use and recommend a Mac. If you want to buy one, or
      some Mac software or hardware, or even an iPod, please do it from our
      page.

      Drugstore.com--I've shopped from them. Big selection of health and
      beauty items.

      Office Depot--Maybe not for holiday shopping, but you can get a lot
      of useful supplies here.

      Djangos--Music CDs, and movies in videotape and DVD form. Good for
      holiday shopping. They offer discounts and free shipping with $50
      orders.

      As for the bookstores, everyone knows Amazon, but please don't forget
      about Bookcloseouts, which has an interesting and changing selection
      of remainders and such, and Powell's, a great independent with a big
      selection, including used books. Buy a used book at Powell's, and The
      Purple Crayon gets a much higher percentage of your purchase price
      than if you had bought it through Amazon (10% vs. 2.5%).

      Thanks for listening. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
      --

      Harold Underdown

      Web site: <a href="http://www.underdown.org/">The Purple Crayon</a>

      Book: <a
      href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0028639758/ref=nosim/purplecrayon-20">The
      Complete Idiot's Guide to Children's Book Publishing</a>