Hourly Wage Question

  • Carl Kirst
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      Good Morning, All...
      Hope all are well.
      QUESTION: I have an entry-level technician whose responsibilities are
      basically the following:

      * Change Oil & Oil Filter

      * Chassis Lube

      * Change Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filters

      * Change Fuel Filters

      * Provide that "extra pair of hands" when one of the highly
      experienced technicians needs assistance. (This avoids taking another
      skilled person from his/her post to assist.)

      * Fluid level checks

      * Bulb and lens replacement

      * Miscellaneous: Parts running, hot-shot to deliver bus to warranty
      service, washing buses, apply decals, etc.

      What would a similarly-skilled employ make as an hourly rate in your
      District?

      (I am OK with a range: e.g. between $10.25 & $10.50; exact amounts are
      not necessary, as I want to minimize any inconvenience to you in
      responding to this inquiry.)

      Thanks So Much!
      Carl
    • Prothro, Walter
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
        Carl, In Temple a "Mechanic I" Minimum $9.09; Mid $11.08; Maximum
        $13.07

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          Alvin - $8.35 - $12.28 (Mechanic Helper position)

          John Ralph
          281.245.2992

          >>> "Carl Kirst" <ckirst@...> 11/2/2006 10:46 AM >>>

          Good Morning, All...
          Hope all are well.
          QUESTION: I have an entry-level technician whose responsibilities are
          basically the following:

          * Change Oil & Oil Filter

          * Chassis Lube

          * Change Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filters

          * Change Fuel Filters

          * Provide that "extra pair of hands" when one of the highly
          experienced technicians needs assistance. (This avoids taking another
          skilled person from his/her post to assist.)

          * Fluid level checks

          * Bulb and lens replacement

          * Miscellaneous: Parts running, hot-shot to deliver bus to warranty
          service, washing buses, apply decals, etc.

          What would a similarly-skilled employ make as an hourly rate in your
          District?

          (I am OK with a range: e.g. between $10.25 & $10.50; exact amounts are
          not necessary, as I want to minimize any inconvenience to you in
          responding to this inquiry.)

          Thanks So Much!
          Carl

        • Mike Barnes
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2006
            Carl,

            We have fuelers who work between runs and they are paid $11.00 per
            hour. They do many of the tasks you listed except they do not change
            filters, oil, etc. That is done by our regular mechanics.

            Mike Barnes, Leander ISD

            >>> "Carl Kirst" <ckirst@...> 11/02/06 10:46 AM >>>
            Good Morning, All...
            Hope all are well.
            QUESTION: I have an entry-level technician whose responsibilities are
            basically the following:

            * Change Oil & Oil Filter

            * Chassis Lube

            * Change Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filters

            * Change Fuel Filters

            * Provide that "extra pair of hands" when one of the highly
            experienced technicians needs assistance. (This avoids taking another
            skilled person from his/her post to assist.)

            * Fluid level checks

            * Bulb and lens replacement

            * Miscellaneous: Parts running, hot-shot to deliver bus to warranty
            service, washing buses, apply decals, etc.

            What would a similarly-skilled employ make as an hourly rate in your
            District?

            (I am OK with a range: e.g. between $10.25 & $10.50; exact amounts are
            not necessary, as I want to minimize any inconvenience to you in
            responding to this inquiry.)

            Thanks So Much!
            Carl

            This egroup is sponsored by the Texas Association for Pupil
            Transportation and the
            organization has paid the fee to remove advertisements on the messages.
            Web Site:
            http://www.tapt.com

            The pupiltransportation egroups web page is located at:
            http://www.egroups.com/messages/pupiltransportation
            Yahoo! Groups Links