[pupiltransportation] Crossing Guards

  • Kathy Tonga
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2000
      At the Transportation Convention in March, someone mentioned that their
      crossing guards' salary and training were governmentally funded. If
      you have information on this would you please let me know.
    • LING629@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
        Crossing Guard funds were appropriated by the State Legislature through
        SB-460. I have a copy of the bill and will send to you next week. The
        funding was collected through the municipal court district here until last
        year and now is distributed by the Houston Police Department. Distribution
        and availability of these funds are dependent on the population of the city
        in which you reside.
        Best Regards,
        Jack Irvin
        Huffman ISD
      • Sally Morgan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17 1:55 PM
          Crossing guards in Odessa are governed by the local police department.

        • Prothro, Walter
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2006
            Any training videos etc. that you guys can recommend for crossing guards
            (adults)? If so please send it to me @ walter.prothro@.... Thanks

            Walter L. Prothro
            Transportation Director
            254 215-6968 (Office)