Diesel Fuel FIlters

  • Carl R. Kirst
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      Good Morning, All...

      My Shop Foreman has encountered a challenge in finding fuel filters for our 6.9s and 7.3s. We have been buying Cim-Tek (PN70264) which has the capability of extracting water. We have recently been told that this PN will be discontinued because of lagging sales. (They will still provide the water extrication technology, but just not in this application for these engines.) We've tried our supplier who sell WIX and they have nothing to substitute, either. We'd like to maintain our safeguards against condensation down here with this constant high humidity. Are there any suggestions out there???
      Thanks for any help!!
      Carl

      P.S.: We do have water extracting filters on the dispensers, also, but prefer the same protection on each vehicle, too.

    • Louis Ryman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        There is a company called Direct Injection in Corpus Christi. They
        handle that type of filter. There # is 1-800-777-9889. I hope that will
        help you. lryman@...

        My Shop Foreman has encountered a challenge in finding fuel filters for
        our 6.9s and 7.3s. We have been buying Cim-Tek (PN70264) which has the
        capability of extracting water. We have recently been told that this PN
        will be discontinued because of lagging sales. (They will still provide
        the water extrication technology, but just not in this application for
        these engines.) We've tried our supplier who sell WIX and they have
        nothing to substitute, either. We'd like to maintain our safeguards
        against condensation down here with this constant high humidity. Are
        there any suggestions out there???
        Thanks for any help!!
        Carl

        P.S.: We do have water extracting filters on the dispensers, also, but
        prefer the same protection on each vehicle, too.

        This egroup is sponsored by the Texas Association for Pupil
        Transportation and the
        organization has paid the fee to remove advertisements on the messages.
        Web Site:
        http://www.tapt.com

        The pupiltransportation egroups web page is located at:
        http://www.egroups.com/messages/pupiltransportation
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Carl R. Kirst
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
          Thanks, Louis... I'll give them a try.
          Carl
        • Alder, John
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
            Carl,
            You might want to look at Fleetguard Filters web site fleetguard.com.
            They make every air, fuel, and hydraulic filter for automotive
            applications that you can imagine. Fleetguard filters are available at
            most Kenworth and Navistar truck dealers.
            JYA

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
              Carl, our administrators felt like the Job Description at Victoria is
              best for us. So much so that they would like a copy of the
              Transportation Director as well. So far they have used the somewhat
              generic version from Tasbo. Thanks, Jon

              >>> carl.kirst@... 3/2/2004 9:27:54 AM >>>