NAPT Conference

  • Jaime Gallego
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2002
      We have pictures from the NAPT Conference up on the TAPT Web Page. The first few pictures are of the National School Bus Speech Contest Finals. Our Corey Bridges from Lubbock won the contest. She was awarded $2000 and a plaque at the Awards Presentation Pictures further in the album.

      You will also see a picture of Chris Dorn now a College Freshmen setting a Guinness World Record for the most concealed weapons on a person. In the first picture he has all the weapons on him. Then you see a picture of all the weapons on a table that he had on him.

      At the Awards Banquet this evening Dr. Ray Turner was awarded the 2002 Sure-Lok Special Need Transportation Award, one of the most prestigious elements of the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) Annual Awards program.

      There is also a picture of the Texas Delegation in this album.

      Fortunately this hotel has broadband connections in their rooms. That is the reason we can put the pictures up so quickly.

      Jaime Gallego

    • Whitaker, Keith
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 4, 2002
        Chris may be related to Michael Dorn.

        I have a video of Michael Dorn concerning
        something similar to this.

        Keith Whitaker
        Fairfield ISD
        > We have pictures from the NAPT Conference up on the TAPT Web Page. The
        first few pictures are of the National School Bus Speech Contest Finals.
        Our Corey Bridges from Lubbock won the contest. She was awarded $2000 and a
        plaque at the Awards Presentation Pictures further in the album.

        > You will also see a picture of Chris Dorn now a College Freshmen setting a
        Guinness World Record for the most concealed weapons on a person. In the
        first picture he has all the weapons on him. Then you see a picture of all
        the weapons on a table that he had on him.

        > At the Awards Banquet this evening Dr. Ray Turner was awarded the 2002
        Sure-Lok Special Need Transportation Award, one of the most prestigious
        elements of the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) Annual
        Awards program.

        > There is also a picture of the Texas Delegation in this album.
        >
        > Fortunately this hotel has broadband connections in their rooms. That is
        the reason we can put the pictures up so quickly.

        > Jaime Gallego

        > This egroup is sponsored by the Texas Association for Pupil Transportation
        and the
        > organization has paid the fee to remove advertisements on the messages.
        Web Site:
        > http://www.tapt.com
        >

        > The pupiltransportation egroups web page is located at:
        > http://www.egroups.com/messages/pupiltransportation

      • Jaime Gallego
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 4, 2002
          Keith,

          Chris is Michaels son. They both do the presentation. In one of the
          pictures you can see Michael.

          Jaime

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 5, 2002
            Okay,

            I thought it sounded like Michael.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2003
              Dear Friends,

              Just six weeks from now, school transportation decision-makers from across the nation will gather in Salt Lake City, UT to participate in the school transportation industry's showcase event - the 29th Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show. It is my pleasure to send you this special invitation to join them.

              The Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show is consistently recognized as the premier school transportation conference in the nation. In short, you can be assured that you will hear the best speakers, learn about the hottest topics, and see the newest products the industry has to offer.

              This year, our program offers over 3-dozen different workshops; a copy of our tentative agenda is attached. You'll have the opportunity to hear top-notch professional speakers like Dr. Rick Brinkman, Thurl Bailey, Erik Wahl and Michael Fortino as well as learn about a variety of cutting edge, important topics like:

              q Understanding and Implementing the No Child Left Behind Act

              q IDEA Reauthorization

              q How State Budgets and Fiscal Forecasting Affect Your Operation

              q Inspecting, Repairing and Replacing Carpenter School Buses

              q Engine Emissions & Alternative Fuel Options

              q Upcoming Environmental Advocacy Projects

              q Multi-Function School Buses

              q Hardware, Software and Other Ways to Improve School Bus Security

              q Accessing Emergency Response and Crisis Management Grants

              Feel free to visit our web site - www.napt.org - for additional information about this year's action-packed program.

              Along with providing cutting edge curriculum, the event also serves as the showcase for the newest products and the latest technology the industry has to offer. As always, the NAPT Trade Show will be the industry's biggest and best gathering of school bus manufacturers and school transportation product suppliers. This year's event will feature over 140 different exhibits. We understand that several manufacturers - including IC Corporation and Thomas Built Buses - are planning to release fantastic new products in a grand style that could well make this year's Trade Show our most exciting ever.

              You can take a look at our program by clicking here or you can get information about our trade show and even register for the conference on-line by visiting www.napt.org. You can also call our main office at 800-989-NAPT where our top-notch staff will be happy to try and help answer any of your questions.

              I hope to see you at the 29th Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show in Salt Lake City, UT from November 9-13, 2003.

              Sincerely,

              Donald G. Paull, CDPT

              President

            • Jaime Gallego
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 9, 2003
                Pictures from the NAPT conference currently running in Salt Lake City, Utah are on the tapt.com web page in the Photo Albums Section. I will be adding new pictures daily. Fortunately I have a network connection in the hotel.

                Our Speech Contestant from entry Christa Bicker from Dallas, Texas placed second in the National Speech Contest today. She received $1,000 for her second place finish. You can see her picture in the competition and also receiving her award at the Awards banquet tonight.

                Jaime

              • Jaime Gallego
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 18, 2004
                  Dear NAPT Region 4 Member,

                  Just six weeks from now, school transportation decision-makers from across the nation will gather in Cincinnati, OH to participate in the school transportation industry's showcase event - the 30th Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show. It is my pleasure to send you this special invitation to join them.

                  The Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show is consistently recognized as the premier school transportation conference in the nation. In short, you can be assured that you will hear the best speakers, learn about the hottest topics, and see the newest products the industry has to offer.

                  While the conference offers nearly 50 different workshop sessions, there are two in particular that I want you to know about.

                  The first, on Monday afternoon, is called "The Realities of Clean School Bus USA". This special half-day seminar will bring together senior government officials and leaders in the engine, fuels and emissions control industries to discuss a variety of issues concerning the EPA's Voluntary Diesel Retrofit and Clean School Bus USA programs.

                  The second, on Tuesday morning, will feature Cincinnati-area emergency services personnel responding to an actual school bus security crisis. Watch this exciting one-of-a-kind event unfold before your eyes, observe and learn from a post-event debriefing and then participate in a discussion and demonstration of principles and techniques that can be used to deal with a terrorist threat.

                  Both of cutting edge workshops that will be co-sponsored by NAPT and the National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS) in conjunction with the federal agencies that develop public policy in these areas. You won't want to miss the opportunity to hear what the national experts in each of these areas have to say and ask them questions directly.

                  Along with providing cutting edge curriculum, the event also serves as the showcase for the newest products and the latest technology the industry has to offer. As always, the NAPT Trade Show will be the industry's biggest and best gathering of school bus manufacturers and school transportation product suppliers. There are already over 100 different companies registered to exhibit and more companies are signing up every day.

                  Your NAPT Region 4 director, Willie A. Tarleton, will be contacting you soon to answer any questions you might have about the organization in general and the conference in particular. In the meantime, you can take a look at our program, get information about our trade show and even register for the conference on-line by visiting www.napt.org. You can also call our main office at 800-989-NAPT where our top-notch staff will be happy to try and help you.

                  I hope to see you at the 30th Annual NAPT Conference & Trade Show in Cincinnati, OH from October 30 to November 4, 2004.

                  Sincerely,

                  J. Steven Kalmes, CDPT

                  President

                • Jolene Hawkins
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 6, 2005
                    The Austin Convention Center is relocating or rescheduling events that are scheduled at the Convention for the next two weeks. There has not been a change in the NAPT Conference schedule at this time. It is still slated for Oct. 30 - Nov.3, 2005 at the Austin Convention Center and the Hilton Hotel.
                    Jolene Hawkins
                    TAPT Executive Secretary
                    P.O. Box 996
                    Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
                    (866) 561-2121
                    (325) 388-6369 Fax
                    jolene@...

                  • Jaime Gallego
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 29, 2005
                      Photos from the NAPT conference in Austin, Texas are up on the NAPT.org website. http://www.napt.org/associations/3103/files/Albums/napt_photo_albums.htm

                      I will be adding new photo albums each day in this section.

                      Jaime

                    • charles stone
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
                        Jaime,
                        Thanks for taking and providing such good photos of the National Conference.
                        You seemed to capture the right flavor of the meeting!

                        Charles Stone
                      • Jaime Gallego
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 3, 2005
                          Charles,

                          Thanks, I am worn out from all the photos I took at the conference. It is
                          great to know that the work is appreciated. School bus fleet is currently
                          using one of my photos in their latest e-mail.

                          Jaime
                          > Thanks for taking and providing such good photos of the National
                          > Conference.
                          > You seemed to capture the right flavor of the meeting!
                          >
                          > Charles Stone
                          >

                          > This egroup is sponsored by the Texas Association for Pupil Transportation
                          > and the
                          > organization has paid the fee to remove advertisements on the messages.
                          > Web Site:
                          > http://www.tapt.com
                          >

                          > The pupiltransportation egroups web page is located at:
                          > http://www.egroups.com/messages/pupiltransportation
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • GINNY MELARA
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 4, 2005
                            Jaime- We talked about you often at the conference- how you seemed to be
                            everywhere at once, and are so fast at posting. Great work!
                            Ginny

                            >>> jaime@... 11/3/2005 8:32:08 PM >>>

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
                              I have photos up from the NAPT Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan on the NAPT website. Go to NAPT.org Then click on Conference information and then photo albums. Photos are updated daily.

                              Jaime