RE: [pupiltransportation] Retirees!!

  • Stuksa, Rick
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2001
      Here in Huntsville we have a lady that is wanting to retire and come back.
      We called TRS and they said that she can retire and come back full time as
      long as she is list as a Sub Driver. And that is not going to hurt her
      retirement.

      Rick Stuksa

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2001
        Yes they can drive a bus per TRS web site.
        Don Archer
        > Has anyone heard if the bill passed that allowed retirees to drive full
        time
        > and it not effect their TRS. I am not sure of the bill number but know
        that
        > it was presented.
        >
        > Kenneth L. Coleman
        > Director of Transportation
        > Borger I. S. D.
        > PO Box 1177
        > Borger, Texas 79008-1177
        > 806 273-1012 Office
        > 806 273-1066 Fax

      • Daniel G. Cantu
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2001
          That was HB 2057 and a review of Texas Legislation online indicates that it
          is being considered in Calendars
          (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/billnbr.htm)

          Daniel G. Cantu
          Fleet Operations Supervisor
          Brownsville ISD
          1-800-926-1877

          > Yes they can drive a bus per TRS web site.
          > Don Archer

        • Don Archer
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5, 2001
            In a letter from TRS it states Title 8 of the Texas Government Code, Section
            824.602. Effective in June 2001
            As a bus driver for a school district on as much as a full time basis, if
            the retiree has not retired at an early age:
            Try HB 3147 or SB 273

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2001
              Click here to see HB 3147
              http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/db2www/tlo/billhist/billhist.d2w/repo
              rt?LEG=77&SESS=R&CHAMBER=H&BILLTYPE=B&BILLSUFFIX=03147

              and Senate Bill 273
              http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/db2www/tlo/billhist/billhist.d2w/repo
              rt?LEG=77&SESS=R&CHAMBER=S&BILLTYPE=B&BILLSUFFIX=00273

            • lidlbitlost@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 10, 2001
                Hi,
                Does anyone have the information about retirees working as full time
                drivers without effecting their TRC, and possibly the bill number.

                Dana Reese
                Transportation Secretary
                SABINE ISD

              • Jaime Gallego
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 10, 2001
                  If you go to the pupiltransportation archives there are several post with
                  the bill number specifically listed.

                  Jaime Gallego

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 10, 2001
                    SB 273 Section 12 (6) line 8-2 if you bring up the bill enrolled version. It is also
                    listed in the June 2001 TRS News

                    Don Archer
                    Region VI E.S.C.

                  • nharbuz@rockdale.txed.net
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 23, 2001
                      IS there any extra forms to fill out or any sort of permission needed from
                      TRS to hire a Teacher retiree to dive full time?