TNRCC Self-Certification of PSTs

  • Carl R. Kirst
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      In case others of you are in a similar predicament in which I was afraid I was yesterday, here is some helpful information. Quite a while back, I sent in my Self-Certification application for my USTs. A few weeks ago I called Martha Glasgow (512)239-2159 at TNRCC and she said that my application was complete and that it should be arriving in the mail "at any time". She was very nice and helpful. Well, yesterday arrived and no Self-Certification yet!!! [TIME TO PANIC!!] I called a couple of our suppliers and they assured me that they were only authorized to deliver with our proper documentation. I then called TNRCC and asked for Martha, but was transferred to Reed Wycoff (not sure of spelling, but phonetically correct). He said, "Well, Carl, you're among about 'half the State' who are waiting for their certificates. The TNRCC portion was completed quite a while back, but the printing of the certificates was subcontracted out with the agreement to also mail them. They printed the certificates, but chose to send them bulk mail." So, my guess is, they are somewhere on a donkey cart on their way to your, my, and other ISDs as we type. Here's the solution...

      Go to the TNRCC web site www.tnrcc.state.tx.us .
      1) HOME Page has HOT TOPICS at the beginning. Select the 3rd choice - "PST Registration Database Upgrade Available Now".
      2) Scroll down about 1/2 page and click on "Facility ID Number".
      Enter Facility # and check (click on) appropriate squares to the right and then click on SUBMIT.
      3) The next screen will be a comprehensive history of your PST facilities.
      4) Scroll down to the section headed "Self-Certification Information". Click/drag and select this portion, print it and it will be acceptable evidence of your self-certification for immediate delivery until the official document arrives.

      ...You're Welcome.

      Carl

    • Sharron, Dan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2001
        Thanks Carl, I have all of mine back for this year. However, as we know
        TNRCC the issue will come up again.

        Dan Sharron
        Fleet Supervisor/Spring Branch ISD

        !
[...]

        This egroup is sponsored by the Texas Association for Pupil Transportation
        and the
        organization has paid the fee to remove advertisements on the messages. Web
        Site:
        http://www.tapt.com

        The pupiltransportation egroups web page is located at:
        http://www.egroups.com/messages/pupiltransportation