Position Vacancy (Fort Worth ISD)
Position Title: Director III - Transportation
Start Date: 11/10/2010
End Date: 11/24/2010
Salary Range: $86,200.00 - $110,083.00
Manage the operations of the Fort Worth Independent School District student transportation services at (3) three different locations with approximately (600) six-hundred employees. Provide cost-effective transportation for all eligible students in the district. Coordinate transportation for field trips, athletic teams, bands, and other extra-curricular activities. Oversee all budgeting, accounting, and reporting functions for transportation.
• Develop job descriptions for transportation personnel and oversees filling of vacancies.
• Develop long-range plan for transportation capital and personnel budgetary needs. Submit annual budget.
• Establish system to maintain transportation records and submit reports to (TEA), Texas Education Agency.
• Implement procedures that maintain safety standards in compliance with state and federal laws, and insurance regulations.
• Develop system to take request for extracurricular trips and to schedule most efficient means.
• Assist in planning and transportation routes for new schools or route changes, whenever necessary.
• Facilitate effective communication with parents, staff, and school personnel.
• Use skill to resolve conflicts with principals and parents.
• Direct process to communicate routes to drivers and follow-up to insure route accuracy.
• Implement and direct training program for drivers, bus attendants, and all transportation staff.
• Coordinate investigation of district vehicle accidents and monitor post-accident remediation with representation of UEA.
• Direct ongoing program to insure drivers are using proper student management skills.
• Promote use of computerized routing program to efficiently design and implement bus routes and schedules within boundary areas.
• Conduct annual employee evaluations and make sound recommendations for employment.
• Evaluate, counsel, and train personnel and assure that every driver has (CDL) commercial driving license, (MVR) moving violation record, physical examinations, and Texas Education Agency certification.
• Strive for professional growth and development through participation in the National Transportation Specifications and Procedure for the State.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
• Seven years of experience in student transportation management.
• Knowledge of state and federal laws that apply to transportation.
• Public relations and personnel management skills.
• Good logistical skills.
• Ability to develop and monitor a large budget, read and interpret reports, and complete governmental reports.
• Valid commercial Texas driver’s license and “S” endorsement or eligible for CDL and "S" endorsements within 60-90 days.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
Occasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions)
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ninety percent indoors (controlled environment), 10% outdoors (heat/cold); exposed to fumes.
A detailed list of physical job requirements is available from the Compensation Department.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.
Must complete an online application at http://jobs.fwisd.org and attach a resume. Two job related reference letters required if hired. Appropriate license(s)/certification(s) required if hired. Official transcripts required if hired. All foreign transcripts must be equivocated through an approved
CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
Version 2.0 / Build 4.03.29.01
Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com