Position Vacancy (North Forest ISD)
- View Source
North Forest ISD
Job Title Mechanic
Reports to Shop Foreman
Wage/Salary Non-Exempt 240 Day
To Ensure Safe, Quality and Efficient transportation for our students and staff through meticulous inspections, regular preventive maintenance and quality repairs to all district vehicles.
*High School Diploma or GED
*ASE or TASBT certification preferred but not required
*Class B CDL With P and S endorsement (or able to obtain on within 30 days of hire)
*Must have own tools to repair a wide variety of vehicles
*Must have 5 years experience in vehicle repair (technical school counts as
1. Proficiently diagnose fleet vehicles to determine what repairs need to be made or what part needs to be exchanged as well as making the repairs or parts replacement. This will include vehicle electrical systems, automotive and bus air conditioning, brake systems (air/hydraulic) engine repair and preventive maintenance, engine overhaul (gas/diesel) automatic transmissions, suspension and drive train components.
2. Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance and repairs
3. Demonstrate process of preventive maintenance and visual inspections to mechanic helpers
4. Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and balance tires; change oil and filters; lubricate vehicle parts; inspect and replace hoses, belts, mirrors, lamps; and maintain all fluid levels.
5. Inspect vehicles and evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and lights; service as needed
6. Take all necessary steps and opportunities to improve skills as a mechanic. Must be up to date on new computer diagnostic equipment and emission standards. Be knowledgeable of parts and supplies. Must have a basic knowledge of computers and software programs used in troubleshooting and repairs of engine control systems. Need to learn R.T.A. maintenance system and maintain accurate records of all work performed.
7. Be on call 24 hours for emergencies and be able to work late hours if needed
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the director of transportation or shop foreman
1. Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
2. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
3. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
4. Help keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
Automotive diagnostic equipment, wheel balancing equipment, tire repairing equipment, small hand tools, drill, drill press, grinder, air-powered tools, welding torch, torque wrench, jack and lift equipment. School buses and district vehicles.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to concentrate, communicate, interpret procedures, reason, understand verbal instructions, differentiate, memorize, read, coordinate, instruct, and maintain emotional control under stress.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift and/or carry heavy weight (45 pounds or more), stand, walk short distances, climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, pull, push, reach, hear, speak, maintain visual acuity, distinguish colors, and drive a bus on a daily bases. Ability to work inside/outside in temperature extremes, slippery surfaces, noise, chemical exposure ( fumes, vapors, gases, dust, smoke, etc.); works around moving machinery with moving parts, moving objects, or moving vehicles.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Apply online at: nfisd.org
For further information contact:
CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
Version 2.0 / Build 4.03.29.01
Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com