Position Vacancy (Pearland I.S.D.)
- JOB TITLE: Transportation Mechanical Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
PAY GRADE: 309
To organize schedules and oversee work orders on daily basis for mechanics.
To provide supervision for mechanics and parts technicians.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be able to pass criminal history and MVR driving record check
Valid Texas CDL w/P&S endorsements
Ability to work with personnel
Ability to communicate in English
Strong communication and organizational skills
Experienced in Windows software
Able to demonstrate ability to enter and exit rear emergency door of school
Experience with preventive maintenance softwares
Eight years of mechanical experience in vehicle repairs and other job
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide direction and supervision to mechanics and parts
2 Coordinate and supervise the day-to-day activities of the
shop personnel and be knowledgeable in any and all facts of shop procedures,
i.e., parts room, operating and closing shop, first class mechanics duties,
3. Maintain accountability of all fixed assets, tools,
materials, and equipment which are assigned to the shop facility.
4. Monitor and evaluate repairs, maintenance service,
scheduling, implementing and completing productive work to provide an
efficient, safe, and operable vehicle repair facility.
5. Be able to take and issue verbal and/or written directives
for completion of job assignments.
6. Motivate, counsel, and monitor the employees under his
7. Knowledge of the Texas Department of Public Safety Inspection
requirements and capable of becoming a certified inspector. Have knowledge
of federal, state, and local government agencies, regulating safety and
8. Be knowledgeable of the practice and application of
9. Demonstrate strong capabilities of locating parts and
supplies along with helping
mechanics when necessary.
10. Maintain preventative maintenance program and ensure work
orders are handled on a daily basis.
11. Recommend supplies and equipment for purchase.
12. Ensure proper EPA regulations.
13. Comply with rules and procedures of the transportation
department and the district.
14. Be on call 24 hours a day.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
Demonstrate ability to use all tools and machines required to repair and
maintain motor vehicles, 2-way radios, and computers
Ability to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written);
interpretive skills (policy, procedures, data); and
Must have analyzing skills and be able to understand and demonstrate ability
to follow verbal instructions
Demonstrate ability to compile and compute data
Demonstrate management ability through instructing and coordinating
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Exposure to temperature extremes (hot or cold); exposure to chemical
hazards; moderate to heavy lifting and carrying; use of fingers; walking and
standing; ability to operate all motor vehicles used by the school district
CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
Version 2.0 / Build 4.03.29.01
Get free PC security at http://www.cyberdefender.com
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]