"A Gem of a Romance" & "The Bag Lady"

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      A Gem of a Romance

      Once upon a slime, a girl ghoul fell in love with a mummy. Alas, the
      girl ghoul did not know much about the proper care of mummies, and in
      a couple of weeks the mummy began to unravel and disintegrated. Which
      just goes to prove that a ghoul and her mummy are soon parted.

      Then the ghoul fell in love with a little devil, who turned out to be
      a loving and generous sweetheart. The little devil showered the girl
      ghoul with bright flowers, high-fashion clothes, and expensive
      jewelry. Which just goes to prove that demons are a ghoul's best fiend.

      "A Gem of a Romance" from "The Ants Are My Friends" by Richard Lederer
      & Stan Kegel (© 2007 Marion Street Press) ; "Diamonds are a girl's
      best friend" from "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" by Jule Styne &
      Leo Robin, from the musical "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" by Joseph
      Fields & Anita Loos (© 1949) based on a novel by Anita Loos (© 1925)

      The Bag Lady

      A rather harried and frazzled woman arrived at an airport one day
      struggling with a dilapidated old suitcase made entirely of Styrofoam.
      It was barely in one piece and covered with duct tape.

      Seeing this, a security guard went over to help the poor lady with her
      things. As they walked to her gate, he inquired casually, "Madam, if I
      may ask, why are you carrying your things in this horrible old
      Styrofoam suitcase?"

      She looked at him and kinda smiled as she replied, "Even though it may
      crumble, there's no case like foam."

      "The Bag Lady" from "The Ants Are My Friends" by Richard Lederer &
      Stan Kegel (©2007 Marion Street Press) "Be it ever so humble, there's
      no place like home" from "Home Sweet Home" by Sir Henry Bishop

      You'll never listen to popular songs the same way after reading "The
      Ants are My Friends". International Punsters of the Year Stan Kegel
      and Richard Lederer have teamed up to compose this pro-verbal
      collection of puns based on popular lyrics. And many of the punderful
      narratives are composed by other "International Punsters of the Year"
      and "O. Henry Pun-Off " winners. Laugh-Out-Loud Humor that makes a
      great gift! Now you can order signed copies directly from co-author
      Richard Lederer @ 10034 Mesa Madera Drive; San Diego, CA 92131. Send
      check for $15 per book. Please feel free to specify personal
      inscriptions. Questions: E-mail Richard Lederer at richard. lederer@...
      .