IF THERE WERE COMPUTERS IN 1776

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
      IF THERE WERE COMPUTERS IN 1776

      Mr. Jefferson: Gentlemen, the summer grows hot, and it is essential
      that we complete this declaration of independence.

      Mr. Franklin: Wait a minute, Thomas. I have to reboot here.

      Mr. Jefferson: That's all right, Ben. We'll go on without you. Has
      everyone had a chance to look at the draft I posted yesterday?

      Mr. Sherman: Not yet, Thomas, I've been having Notes replication
      problems.

      Mr. Adams: Here, Roger, I brought a hard copy.

      Mr. Sherman: Thanks. Saaaaay, nice font.

      Mr. Adams: Do you like it? I downloaded it off Colonies Online just
      last week.

      Mr. Jefferson: Gentlemen! There is work to be done. I fear our
      document will soon leak out.

      Mr. Livingston: Too late, Thomas. There's already a bootleg
      circulating. I saw it posted on alt. georgeIII. stinks last night.

      Mr. Franklin: @#$$%^$# General Protection Fault!

      Mr. Adams: Ben, you might try upgrading to Windows 75. It solved that
      problem for me.

      Mr. Sherman: Thomas, the part here about the Acts of Pretended
      Legislation; have you considered using bullets to air out the text?

      Mr. Jefferson: I can fix that easily enough. Drat! I've spilled candle
      wax on my keyboard again.

      Mr. Adams: You know, Thomas, that wouldn't happen if you'd buy an
      active-matrix screen.

      Mr. Franklin: Hard-disk failure?!? Aw, criminy!

      Mr. Livingston: Are you sure it's "unalienable rights"? My spell
      checker recommends "unassailable".

      Mr. Jefferson: Can we stick to the substance of the document, please?
      Shoot. Low battery. Anyone got a spare power cable?

      Mr. Sherman: What have you got, a Toshiba? No, mine isn't compatible.

      Mr. Franklin: Hello, PCs Philadelphia? What does it mean when the
      floppy drive buzzes? OK, I'll hold.....

      Mr. Livingston: The "In Congress" part here at the top; have you
      thought about blowing that up really big and maybe centering it in 72
      point Helvetica?

      Mr. Jefferson: Not a bad idea. Aw, nuts! Word macro virus! I can't
      save the file.

      Mr. Franklin: That's all right, Thomas. We can manage. Here, borrow my
      quill pen.... Author Unknown