A Moving Experience

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      A Moving Experience

      Hymie Goldstein owned a fleet of moving vans. He was devoted to his
      moving business, not only handling customers and keeping the books,
      but schlepping furniture and other belongings from one location to
      another. Business boomed.

      In dire need of more personnel, Hymie conducted public sessions that
      described his business and attempted to attract new employees. In one
      session, Hymie was speaking to three potential recruits – a fitness
      freak who loved to climb mechanical stairs, a fellow with a wasting
      disease, and a young woman really into hip hop.

      Hoping to hire all three, Hymie explained, "I'm a schlepper, you're a
      stepper, he's a leper, she is hepper. Wouldn't you like to be a
      schlepper, too?"

      "A Moving Experience" by Richard Lederer from "The Ants Are My
      Friends" by Richard Lederer & Stan Kegel (©2007 Marion Street Press)
      "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper.
      Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?" ad for Dr. Pepper a brand of
      Coca Cola Co.