Smog Veil July news

  • smogveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      The July It-News for It-Kids (I like last month's headline so much, I'm using it

      1. Smog Veil was recently featured in the Reno News and Review, check it

      Curiously, instead of running in the Music section, the story ran in the Arts &
      Culture section meaning I've either achieved some level of celebrity or I've
      picked up a Brit accent.

      Also, Amps2Eleven have been nominated By Scene magazine as the best
      hard rock band in Cleveland.  Do us a favor and vote online:

      2.  Pre-order NOW and receive a free little THOR doo-dad with your order:

      THOR "Thor Against The World" CD shipping by July 12
      THOR "An-THOR-logy" Retrospective DVD shipping by July 12
      THOR "Power Pak": special pricing for both items ordered together, shipping
      by July 12

      "Crank up the Camaro's stereo, crack open a Tall Boy and get ready to par-
      tay!" --Splendid

      "Thor has dedicated himself to stoking the flame of that primal, stooped, over-
      the-top school of rock that went out about the time Gene Simmons took off his
      makeup. If you long for the days of Trans Ams, pop-top beer, and WASP,
      KISS, and Alice Cooper, there is no possible way to do better than Thor
      Against The World."  --Blogcritics.org

      THOR will be on tour all over North America in July/August/September, see
      below for details and tour stops.

      Pre-orders taken soon for:

      UNKNOWN INSTRUCTORS (w/Joe Baiza, Jack Brewer, George Hurley, Dan
      McGuire, and Mike Watt): "The Way Things Work" CD August 23

      NEW SMOG VEIL SITE: sometime in July

      3.  JUST ADDED to the iTunes Music Store: "Pie & Ears" Volume 1

      U.S., European, and Canadian users can now download Smog Veil releases
      from: The Dissidents, Buzz Clic Adventure, Les Black's Amazing Pink Holes,
      The New Creatures, California Speedbag, David Thomas & Two Pale Boys,
      The Vacancies, Rubber City Rebels, Rocket From The Tombs, Amoeba (raft
      boy), Stepsister "Autopilot Stuck On, Get Down!", Step Sister "Sugar Sweat 8-
      Track/Second Hand Smoke", Amps II Eleven, Offbeats, Agitated, "Broke: File
      Under Soundtracks", "Pie & Ears" comp Volume 1 and 2, Numbskull, and The
      New Christs!!

      Microsoft MSN Music store users: never fear, Smog Veil titles will soon be
      available in your neck of the digital world!!

      4. Tons of new stuff:

      --THOR t-shirts and classic THOR CDs:

      --no new Japanese imports this month, but we are awaiting a new shipment
      from Wizzard in Vinyl with new reissues from  The Go, The Other Kids, and
      Geoff Lip Danielik (Peroxide/The Now/Alter Ego/TKO).

      --While they last, Pagans t-shirts, priced to move at $7.99, all sizes, 2-color
      "Dead End America" print in black only:

      5. Gigs galore!!:

      DAVID THOMAS:   http://www.ubuprojex.net

      David Thomas and two pale boys
      Thu, Oct 27 Lewes, Pelham House/Lewes Literary Festival
      Sat, Nov 19 Brawby (N. Yorks), The Shed
      Mon, Dec 17 Bilbao, MEM Festival

      David Thomas
      Fri, Aug 26 Rochefort sur Mer (F) Rochefort en Accords Festival
      Duet with Rodolphe Burger

      Pere Ubu
      Fri, Aug 12: Boston, MA, Museum of Contemporary Art (live underscore to "X,
      the man With X-Ray Eyes)
      Sat, Sep 11 Vienna, Szene Wien/Live Free or Diet Program
      Thu, Sep 15 Brussels, VK/Live Free or Diet Program
      Fri, Sep 16 Haarlem (NL), Patronaat/Live Free or Diet Program
      Sat, Sep 17 Brighton, Concorde 2
      Sun, Sep 18 London, The Academy
      Mon, Sep 19 Leeds. City Varieties
      Tue, Sep 20 Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
      Wed, Sep 21 Dublin, The Village
      Thu, Sep 22 Manchester, Academy 3

      AMPS II ELEVEN:   http://www.amps2eleven.com
      Fri 7/22 @ The Hi * Fi  Lakewood, OH (w/ Grande Nationals and Tall Pines)
      Sat 7/23 @ Cedars in Youngstown, OH (w/ Grande Nationals and Tall Pines)
      August 5th @ Skully's in Columbus, Ohio
      August 11th @ Beachland Tavern in Cleveland (w/THOR)
      August 13th @ I-Rock in Detroit (w/THOR)

      THOR:    http://www.thorcentral.com
      7/22: Margate, FL: Sam Ash Theater (FREE!)
      7/23: Orlando, Elk's Club (buy a THOR CD or DVD at Steve's Downtown
      Music and get a free ticket!)
      7/24: Tampa, Pegasus (buy a THOR CD or DVD at Sensuous Sounds or Disc
      Exchange and get a free ticket!)
      7/25: Gainesville, Common Grounds
      7/26: Chattanooga, Green Martian
      7/27: Nashville, Springwater (buy a THOR CD or DVD at CD Warehouse in E.
      Campbell or Antioch and get a free ticket!)
      7/28: Spartanburg, SC, Ground Zero (buy a THOR CD or DVD at BJ Music or
      Carousel Music and get a free ticket!)
      7/29: Raleigh, NC, King's (buy a THOR CD or DVD at Schoolkids/Raleigh and
      get a free ticket!)
      7/30: Charleston, WV, Empty Glass
      7/31: Hoboken, Maxwell's
      8/2: Philadelphia, Khyber
      8/3: Boston, Coolidge Theater
      8/4: Easthampton, MA, Flywheel
      8/5: NYC, Continental Ballroom
      8/6: Patterson, NY, Patterson Rec Center
      8/7: Windsor ON, Coach and Horses
      8/8: London, ON, Rainbow Theater
      8/9: Toronto, ON, Lee's Palace
      8/10: Chicago, Bottom Lounge (THOR film fest plus live gig!)
      8/11: Cleveland, Beachland tavern (w/Amps2Eleven)
      8/12: Lansing, Mac's Bar
      8/13: Detroit, I-Rock (w/Amps2Eleven)
      8/14: Madison, WI, High Noon Saloon
      8/15: Minneapolis, Triple Rock
      8/16: Milwaukee, Vnuk's
      8/17: Fargo, East Gate Lounge
      8/18: Winnipeg, Royal Albert Arms
      8/19: Dallas, Double-Wide (w/Hognose)
      8/20: Houston, Rudyards (w/Hognose)
      8/21: Austin, Headhunters (w/Hognose)
      8/23: El Paso, Murphy's Cantina
      8/26: LA, Knitting Factory
      8/29: Modesto, Fat Cats
      8/31: SF, 12 Galaxies
      9/2: Portland, Sabalas Mt. Tabor Theater
      9/3: Olympia, Capitol Theater
      9/4: Tacoma, Hell's Kitchen
      9/5: Seattle: Sunset Tavern
      9/8: Denver, 15th Street Tavern
      9/9: Kansas City, Grand Emporium
      9/15: Memphis, Pho Hoa Binh
      more tour dates to be announced soon

      ok, all for now comrades...Mr. Frank/Smog Veil Boss