Re: [Pune-Java] Looking to get a custom CMS built using PHP / MySQL

  • Saager Mhatre
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
      I don't mean to be rude; and I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from so I have to ask-
      • why did you consider asking this question on a java mailing list?
      • is there a set of users who you know frequent this list that you're targeting?
      • did you feel that this community would provide you any specific outlook/perspective on this issue?
      • or are you just cross-posting?

      On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:18 AM, ashishkulkarni_uk <ashishkulkarni@...> wrote:

      Dear all,

      Apologies for a slightly off-topic post.

      I am looking to get a CMS built using PHP / MySQL that can do the following:

      1. All standard CMS functionality - ability to create pages, layouts, articles, menus and assigning articles to pages
      2. User role based authorisation - Admin, Editor, Author and User
      3. Ability to change look and feel using Template
      4. User registration
      5. SEO
      6. A good administration
      etc.

      In addition, the CMS should also support the following custom functionality:

      1. Collect user demographic information when user registers (age, gender, income, interest in various topics (it should be possible to target articles to users based on their demographic and choice at the time of registration))
      2. Ability to publish content online or via email or any other channel by having checkboxes at the time of creation of content
      3. Ability to sell stuff or collect donations
      4. Ability to add forms and engage users in simple 2-3 page workflows
      5. UTF8 database (to support multiple languages)
      6. Ability to block users from downloading content without permission

      I cannot use WordPress / Drupal / Joomla. I need a custom development.

      If you are able to deliver such a product, please email me at ashish@... with your quote, time required and terms. I also need to see examples of your work.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best Regards,

      Ashish.

      --
      Saager Mhatre
    • Ashish Kulkarni
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
        Hi Ganesh,

        If that was true, no one would be developing any new software as most business functionality already exists somewhere or the other. For example, SAP already has Sales, Distribution, Material Management, Production Planning, Financial Accounting, Controlling, etc. Yet you will find people developing these.

        The reason I am looking for a new CMS is because based on my experience, nothing out there covers everything my client is looking for. Rather than bend my client's business around an existing software, I would like to get a software designed to suit their business model. Also, my own team is working to its capacity. Hence, I am looking to outsource this work.

        I hope that I have not caused any offense and have responded to your query.

        Best Regards,

        Ashish.

        My question is why you need a custom development for this functionality which already supported by some of Content management system (Open source Community edition Alfresco). If you use Alfresco all the functionality you are looking for is already there beside it is best open Source Enterprise Content Management  system. You can customize your need on top of that why to reinvent the wheel.

        I am just asking you since I am working on Alfresco and we are using all the functionality you are asking for with few of customization. I apologize if i am diverting your goals.

        regards,

        Ganesh Kolhe
        Portal and Content Management Consultant
        Cell : 9860066587
        The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
        My Blog - http://google-ecm.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2010
          Saager,

          I had apologised at the outset.

          This is a business opportunity. In case you are not interested, you can always hit the delete button ;-)

          Best Regards,

          Ashish.

          If you are able to deliver such a product, please email me at ashish@kulkarnisoft ware.com with your quote, time required and terms. I also need to see examples of your work.