Doubting Myself?

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Doubting Myself?

      What better thing for satan to torment us with than to cause God's children to doubt themselves or their salvation?

      I am studying about doubt this morning. God has placed it on my heart. I thought I would make the title, 'Doubting God', then I thought, nah. But if one is honest with themselves they'd see that it IS douting God's ability if we doubt our salvation, thus we doubt God, and His ability to hold on to us.

      John 10:27-28
      27My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

      No one can snatch us out of His hands. There is one comforting promise to help us in this.

      John 20:27
      27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

      Jesus truly wants us to stop doubting and believe. Actually it's very simple, as simple as asking Him to abide in our heart, as simple as trusting that the chair we sit in will not break and fall (well most chairs anyway). When we sit down we don't even give it a thought about the chair breaking with us, unless it needs repairing anyway. It's that simple to trust God. Yet we so often make it hard, make it such a big issue.

      Ephesians 1:13-14
      13In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

      The Holy Spirit is our guarantee of our inheritance! We are the purchased possession by Jesus blood and this is to the praise of God's glory!! Hallelujah! What promises!

      But we tend to listen to Lucifer, the lies he plants�"You really aren't saved, you know. You didn't truly mean what you said. You just did what someone else wanted you to do and convinced you to do. Why you just repeated some words of someone else. You really didn't want to do this when you did it. See? It means nothing." LIES I TELL YOU! Lies from the pit of hell.

      We cannot muster up the desire to come to Jesus�no way! God draws us�He is the one who draws us to Him. We do not bring Him to us and into our hearts. After He draws and then we accept Him, He then places His Holy Spirit into our hearts. We are truly His children and He's our 'Daddy', our Father God. We are no longer paupers, but King's Kids and we can/should walk in it. But�it's a choice we have to make whether we believe it or not. It's a choice whether or not we believe that He drew us and will keep us. It's a choice whether we walk in it or not.

      John 10:28
      And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

      Hebrews 13:5
      5Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

      Don't you see? He will NEVER leave us. It's us who leave Him�us who turns away from Him�us who strays�He never moves. It breaks His heart to see one of His children turn away or walk away from Him and His ways. Just as it would you if one of your children turned away from you and disobeyed you. He loves us so very much�so, so much. There are no words to describe it except these�

      John 3:16
      16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

      There is always hope if we stray. The following lyrics show us why�Because He Lives�

      Because He Lives

      GOD Sent HIS SON,
      They called HIM JESUS;
      HE Came to love, heal and forgive;
      HE lived and died
      To buy my pardon,
      An empty grave is there
      To prove my Savior lives.

      How sweet to hold
      A newborn baby,
      And feel the pride,
      And joy HE gives;
      But greater still
      The calm assurance,
      This child can face uncertain days
      Because HE lives.

      And then one day
      I'll cross the river;
      I'll fight life's
      Final war with pain,
      And then as death
      Gives way to victory,
      I'll see the lights of Glory
      And I'll know HE lives.

      CHORUS:
      Because He lives
      I can face tomorrow;
      Because HE lives
      All fear is gone;
      Because I know
      HE holds the future,
      And life is worth the living
      just because HE lives.

      This is not a profound post I have made today, although it speaks volumes to me. I use to have a tendency to doubt my salvation, until one day I told God I wanted Him in my heart right then and never wanted to doubt it again! I had to know that I know that I know. Know what I mean?

      Remember, if you begin to doubt, and you know you've asked Jesus in your heart, it's just satan tormenting you. Umm, if I was never tempted in any way, then is when I would need to worry, because satan would feel like he had a hold on me enough to leave me alone. Well, too bad, I belong to my "Daddy" and boy does satan torment me at times. That's okay, I got Daddy on my side!

      In His Mercies,

      Becky

      Isaiah 38:17 Behold, it was for my peace that I had intense bitterness; but You have loved back my life from the pit of corruption and nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back.

      If you meet me and forget me, you lose nothing...but if you meet Jesus and forget Him, you lose everything!

      The safest road to hell is the gradual one-the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis

      http://my.homewithgod.com/inhismercies/

      http://www.shatterdmen.com/first_step.htm