Puerto Rico Islanders vs San Juan Jabloteh (Trinidad & Tobago)

  • Jose Carrillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 6:34 PM

      May_9-08-Islanders-Jabloteh-scoreboard.jpg                May_25-08-Islanders-Jabloteh-scoreboard.jpg

      As we reported back on December 21, 2008, the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) decided that the San Juan Jabloteh (TT) and the Puerto Rico Islanders will compete for the 3rd Caribbean Club berth into 2008-2009 CONCACAF Champions Cup in a two-game match.

      Original Article:

      We have receive notification from the Puerto Rico National Delegation that the games between the Islanders and the San Juan Jabloteh will take place next month:

      Leg 1: May 9, 2008 - San Juan Jabloteh @ PR Islanders

      Leg 2: May 25, 2008 - PR Islanders @ San Juan Jabloteh

      Jamaica’s Harbour View and Trinidad’s Joe Public have already qualified.

      This will be the first time three teams from the Caribbean will participate in the CONCACAF club competition, one of the benefits of the new format for the 2008-2009 season.