Wealthy Salon/Spa Owners Build Their Yes Muscle!

  • Dan Lok
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Dan Lok

      Article Title:
      Wealthy Salon/Spa Owners Build Their Yes Muscle!

      Article Description:
      Struggling salon/spa owners are like a garden hose. They
      seem to be in chaos all the time with a hundred things going
      on all at once. They have no direction therefore no
      discipline. They spray their thoughts everywhere like a
      garden hose with the nozzle turned to mist. Their thoughts
      and actions have no focus or power as they vaporize into
      thin air.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2011-06-14 10:00:00

      Written By: Dan Lok
      Copyright: 2011
      Contact Email: mailto:article@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Dan Lok, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/dan-lok.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/salon-spa-owners.shtml#get_code

      Wealthy Salon/Spa Owners Build Their Yes Muscle!
      Copyright (c) 2011 Dan Lok
      Salon Business Expert
      http://www.SalonBusinessExpert.com/

      Struggling salon/spa owners are like a garden hose. They seem to
      be in chaos all the time with a hundred things going on all at
      once. They have no direction therefore no discipline. They spray
      their thoughts everywhere like a garden hose with the nozzle
      turned to mist. Their thoughts and actions have no focus or power
      as they vaporize into thin air.

      I was like this at one time, thinking a hundred different things.
      My emotions controlled me. Every time a feeling came up that is
      where I went. I was spread so thin, so distracted you could see
      right through me.

      I was ruining my life thinking about hundreds of different things
      a day. I had no discipline. It was like taking a thousand dollars
      and depositing a single dollar into a thousand different banks.
      Living this way is a form of being undisciplined; anything can
      pull your attention away. You have no power to say no to
      anything.

      When I talk and coach struggling salon/spa owners I hear about
      their scattered lives. It is as if they are dying from a hundred
      little distractions, bleeding from a hundred little cuts. They
      tell me about being constantly drained by their staff, vendor's,
      relatives, friends and client requests. They have never learned
      to say no.

      Creating the life you want depends on developing what one of my
      mentors called your "No Muscle". You have to build this muscle
      over time. If you don't build your "No Muscle" and you are in
      a tough situation your "No Muscle" will be too weak to say no.

      The secret to developing your "No Muscle" is to first develop
      your "Yes Muscle". You first have to start saying yes to what
      is important to you then saying no to what is not important to
      you will get easier for you.

      When you make appointments with yourself and more importantly
      keep the appointment this is a form of saying yes. For example,
      if you say you are going to go to an aerobics class at 6 pm and
      you do go to the class. In other words your list of goals and
      priorities is a form of saying yes.

      When you build the habit of setting specific time aside to do
      specific tasks or activities it is easier to say no to
      distractions and people that may cut into your time.

      I suggest you start building this habit first with activities
      that you love so you can build your yes muscle slowly. I love
      ballroom dancing. Once I book a time to go to a ballroom dance
      class I am there. When I book a class a week in advance it is
      easy for me to say no someone who wants to have a meeting at the
      time of the class. I just say I have a commitment or already have
      an appointment at that time and people understand.

      I wouldn't miss that class so it is easy to say no to other
      people, activities or distractions that they may try to get in
      the way. As one of my dance teachers says, "Life is a dance.
      Don't skip the dance."

      The challenge starts when you have no plans, commitments or goals
      allowing people you may not even care about are taking all your
      time. You can't say no to others because you haven't said yes
      to anything.

      The greatest value of planning is that it gives you your own life
      to live. It puts you in charge of your own plan. It allows you to
      focus on what's important to you.

      Start asking yourself some of these questions: What do I really
      want to accomplish? How much time I am willing to commit to
      accomplish this? Which people are most important to me? How much
      time do I want to give them?

      We start to become what we focus our thoughts on. Change starts
      with a plan. The planning itself is your most important priority.
      Block out 15 to 20 minutes a day for just thinking and planning.
      It may feel weird at first, maybe like you are not doing
      anything.

      Just remember you are doing something planning and creating your
      life. Soon you will start reaping benefits that will amaze you.
      You can't imagine ahead of time what you will discover from open
      creative planning time.

      One reason many people don't do it is the fear of the unknown.
      You will discover that the unknown is on your side and will work
      for you. You and I know if you don't change something you will
      keep getting the same. Take a small risk, a chance think about
      the new freedom and fun you can create in your life.

      Wealthy salon/spa owners use their "no muscle by first building
      their "yes muscle". They also block out time to plan and create
      their week including their priorities. Isn't it time you blocked
      out some time to build your "yes muscle" and to take the time
      to plan out your priorities and goals for the week?

      Dan Lok was a college dropout working as a grocery bagger in
      a local supermarket for minimum wage when he set out to make
      something of himself. A true immigrant success story - Dan came
      to North America as a teenager with little knowledge of English
      and no contacts. He became a self-made millionaire by the age
      of twenty-seven. Dan wrote about his experience of opening a
      successful salon in his book Lies Salon Owners Believe And The
      Truth That Sets Them Free. Visit Dan at:
      http://www.salonbusinessexpert.com/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/salon-spa-owners.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules