The 29th International AIDS Candlelight Memorial will take place on 20 May 2012 at several locations worldwide. It would be great to have your organization’s/community’s involvement in this global event - one of the world's oldest and largest grassroots mobilization campaigns for HIV awareness. Plan a commemoration, and provide details by registering at http://bit.ly/IACM-2012. Please also forward this message to other organizations who may be interested. For your convenience, some of the basic information about this program is given below as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
With 33 million people living with HIV today, the International AIDS Candlelight Memorial serves as an important intervention for global solidarity, breaking down barriers of stigma and discrimination, and giving hope to new generations. More than just a memorial, it serves as a community mobilization campaign to raise social consciousness. It is coordinated internationally by the Global Network of People living with HIV (GNP+).
Please extend your support and solidarity in "Promoting Health and Dignity Together".
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I register?
Registration is free of cost. Please visit http://bit.ly/IACM-2012 to submit the online form.
How can I organize?
You can plan and organize an event depending on the profile, reach, and resources of your organization. There is no set pattern for events, so you are free to be creative and come up with innovative ideas in accordance with the theme of the program - "Promoting Health and Dignity Together". Please download the coordinator's manual available at http://bit.ly/IACM-Manual for more information.
Why should I register?
· You will become part of a global network and will be virtually joining hands in solidarity with thousands of people worldwide.
· Your organization's name will be displayed on the website and thus bringing more visibility to your activities and potential collaborations.
· You will receive important notifications from the official international coordinating agency GNP+.
· You will have later opportunities for leadership within your locality or through the Candlelight program itself. For eg. National Coordinators are usually selected from previous community coordinators.
What if my organization cannot participate this year?
Even if your organization is not organizing an event this year, you can get involved and express solidarity in several ways:
· Lookout for nearby organizations who are having an event this year in your area through the website, and join hands with them.
· Spread the word. Pass on this email to potential organizations who may be interested.
· Don’t forget to "Like" our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/IACM.India and also to suggest it to your friends.
Is there any funding available from GNP+ for organising IACM?
Please refer the coordinators manual available at http://bit.ly/IACM-Manual for important tips on raising funds. However, there is no funding available from GNP+ directly to support community events.
Where Can I find more information?
Please visit www.candlelightmemorial.org or http://www.facebook.com/IACM.India
Or write to Coordinator.IACM.India@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]