Re: [psychiatry-research] News: Psychiatrists to brand grief lasting longer than two weeks a mental illness

  • Dr. Chittaranjan Andrade
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 27, 2013
      Nice metaphors and sensible arguments, RKS.
      Appreciatively,
      CA

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 28, 2013

        Thanks to both of you for not thinking I’m mad. I appreciate this sensible support from professionals I respect.

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 28, 2013

          Not sure I fit into the respected category :-) but for what it's worth, I too think your argument is splendid and perfectly coherent - unfortunately it clashes with too many people's sacred cows, I suspect, to end up being widely accepted....

          cheers,

          Glynn

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 28, 2013
            Almost nobody objects to simple pills against head ache.

            With anxiety there will be more objections.

            For problems with insomnia still more objections.

            A common denominator is fear of dependency.

            Another denominator is physical side effects

            and so on.

            So far I haven't even touched on the Big Pharma complexity and the problem of trust connected with greed.

            JG

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 28, 2013

              Well if you want to be modest, note that I only said people I respect, and we all have our own idiosyncrasies. There’s a whole barn full of sacred cows here.

              RL