Seroxat withdrawal no worse than other SSRI's - MIND 1994

  • jeremy9282
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
    • Psycho Dogg
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
        Jeremy, you can have your articles, and I can have my experience, and never the twain shall meet. And I'm fine with that, because I don't let articles overrule my experience. Do you?

        determined dogg

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
          "Jeremy, you can have your articles, and I can have my experience, and never the twain shall meet. And I'm fine with that, because I don't let articles overrule my experience. Do you?"

          Yo dogg (ggod spelled backwards):

          Well if you don't "let articles overrule my experience" then how is it that you have taken your idiopathic experience, read a bunch of other "articles" offered by all sorts of internet denizens and then overgeneralized to the population at large that Seroxat is a killer for us all..?

          Jim G.

          --- On Tue, 4/13/10, Psycho Dogg <psychotic_dogg@...> wrote:

          <Snip>
        • bob_fid2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
            So a patient cannot speak out against it Jim, yet you can speak in favour of it?

            Kinda controlling doncha think?

            More power to Dogg for sharing his experiences.

            Fid

            Author of Seroxat Sufferers
            http://fiddaman.blogspot.com

            Blogging since 2006

            --- In psychiatry-research@yahoogroups.com, Jim Goodwin <moaabsux@...> wrote:

            > "Jeremy, you can have your articles, and I can have my experience, and never the twain shall meet. And I'm fine with that, because I don't let articles overrule my experience. Do you?"
            >
            > Yo dogg (ggod spelled backwards):
            >
            > Well if you don't "let articles overrule my experience" then how is it that you have taken your idiopathic experience, read a bunch of other "articles" offered by all sorts of internet denizens and then overgeneralized to the population at large that Seroxat is a killer for us all..?
            >
            > Jim G.

          • Psycho Dogg
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
              thanx, Fid. My tail wags.

              grateful dogg

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2010

                P dogg

                this is not "my article" but it is the considered position of the UK's leading mental health charity.

                M.I.N.D being the national association of mental health ........& before you ask it is not a quango (quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisation)

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 14, 2010

                  should have added P dogg -

                  that when asked to support a UK petition (brought by the litigants) the mental health charity MIND declined to support them !

                  here is a copy of an e-mail (openly published by the seroxat USERS) from the PA to the C.E.O. of MIND sent to Derek Scott (on-line seroxat support group) May 2006

                  In relation to the P.I.L (patient info leaflet) the seroxatUSERSgroup are on record negotiating this with the MHRA (regulator) .............if they don't like it they have to consider their own role in creating it

                  Regards

                  Jeremy

                  -----------From: l.morgan@... [mailto:l.morgan@..." Sent: 02 May 2006 12:50To: ds010z5045@...Cc: s.corlett@...; k.darton@...

                  Subject: RE: Seroxat Petition Derek I have asked our Policy department about your request and we are not able to engage with your request for the following reasons:-

                  There is a large body of evidence about the side effects of Seroxat,but so there is about other drugs.

                  There is also a large body of evidence of its success in treating a lot of people.

                  Mind thinks what we need is full information for people about both side effects and withdrawal symptoms so that people can make their own decision about whether or not to take it. Until recently the PIL has been less than honest, especially about withdrawal.

                  The latest version is much improved.

                  Regards Louise Louise MorganPersonal Assistant to the Chief Executive

                  Mind15-19 BroadwayStratford

                  LondonE15 4BQDirect Tel : 0208 215 2262Fax: 0208 522 1745