Restoration Target

  • vandtrr@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 11:32 AM
      Hello Guys -

      Yesterday Don Cabrall and I talked over the telephone regarding the differences between the SP 1917 drawing of the class C15 caboose and the PS&R 1.
      It made me realized that a major question we have to solve is : exactly what configuration are we going to restore PS&R #1 to ?

      Seems like the first step would be to compare the two photos to see if there are any differences between them, and resolve those first.

      A second step might be to go to CSRM and page through the Sacramento Shop records for the year that the P&SR acquired #1 and see what modications were made to the caboose during it recommissioning before it went to the PS&R.  Also there was a multi-year periord between the time the SP retired the caboose and the time it was transferred to the P&SR.  During that time the car could have been scavaged for parts for other cars still in service, etc.., etc.

      Any one want to volunteer for this job.  I am sure Kyle Wyatt would be happy to assist in locating the appropriate documents but we would need someone to spend some time in the library at CSRM doing the actual research.

      Charlie Siebenthal