FMSF Origins, torso identified, sex slave cult, cult leader sex abuse

  • smartnewsaolcom
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      - Theoretical and Personal Perspectives on the Delayed Memory Debate By
      Jennifer J. Freyd
      - 15-Year-Old Girl Raped, Police Dismiss the Case Because Victim and
      Attackers Have "Low IQs"
      - Torso of African boy detectives believe was killed in a ritual sacrifice
      before being tossed into the Thames is 'identified' by key witness
      - Sister's persistence leads to murder charges
      - Smashed: The sex-slave cult where women were 'forced to sleep with men
      claiming to be reincarnation of Christ' on Mexico-US border
      - Konstantin Rudnev: Russian cult leader jailed for sex abuse

      Theoretical and Personal Perspectives on the Delayed Memory Debate By
      Jennifer J. Freyd, PhD University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403

      A Presentation For: The Center for Mental Health at Foote Hospital's
      Continuing Education Conference:
      Controversies around recovered memories of incest and ritual abuse
      Saturday, August 7 1993 Ann Arbor, Michigan

      ....As many of you know, the False Memory Syndrome Foundation (FMSF) was
      founded and is now directed by, my mother, Pamela Freyd.

      It is widely known that my parents claim to be "falsely accused" of the
      sexual abuse by their daughter. Numerous newspaper stories about the FMSF
      have presented my parents' status as falsely accused.

      Just last month, on the NPR evening radio news show "All Things
      Considered" the reporter, Wendy Schmelzer, said "For the last year, Dr. Freyd has
      criss-crossed the country attending similar meetings; each time with the same
      message for her audience –– 'you are not alone. My husband and I were
      also falsely accused.'" I am the daughter they claim has falsely accused

      Not only is it widely known that my parents were accused of sexual abuse,
      and not only is it widely assumed that the accusations was "false", but the
      details of their story are also –– most strangely –– widely known. My
      mother published her version of being falsely accused under the name "Jane
      Doe" and this published story has been circulated widely. Many people learn
      the story without knowing the identity of the characters, but believing
      the details to be accurate. I find the latter situation unnerving; I find
      the former situation –– where people get exposed to Jane Doe thinking it is
      about me –– horribly invasive and violating. As one clinician said at a
      national meeting recently about the FMSF: "there is persuasive evidence that
      this organization grew out of one family's feud that's overgrown its
      boundaries and come into the popular culture."

      In speaking about personal matters today, I would like to offer my truth
      in hopes that it will inform you of aspects of the context out of which FMSF
      grew. I would never have chosen to be here today speaking about my
      personal life, were circumstances not what they are. I make this decision partly
      because I have already lost so much of my privacy, and in such an unclear
      and distorted way, that I have come to desire clarity and public truth as
      the lesser of two undesirable situations. I also speak about these matters
      today because I hope what I have to share will help, directly or
      indirectly, other abused children and adult survivors of abuse. I hope that speaking
      my truth is, in the end, healing for myself and for others.

      The truth I wish to speak about today pertains to patterns of behaviors.
      I will speak about a pattern of behavior my parents have exhibited towards
      me in my childhood and continuing into the present: A pattern of boundary
      violations, a pattern of invasion and control, a pattern of inappropriate
      and unwanted sexualization, a pattern of family and relationship
      dysfunction, and a pattern of intimidation and manipulation....

      _http://goo.gl/YABP0_ (http://goo.gl/YABP0)

      15-Year-Old Girl Raped, Police Dismiss the Case Because Victim and
      Attackers Have "Low IQs"
      How police treat rape in America. News & Politics AlterNet By Laura
      Gottesdiener February 13, 2013

      In some of the most disturbing and sickening news of the day, New York
      state police have decided that a 15-year-old girl who was sexually assaulted
      by three boys was in fact not sexually assaulted because both she and the
      boys are mentally handicapped.

      In May of last year, three boys attacked a 15-year-old mentally challenged
      student at Martin De Porres Academy, a school for students with special
      needs in Long Island. According to the police report, one of the boys
      repeatedly banged her head against the table while the other two forced her to
      give them oral sex and then tried to have forcible anal sex with her. In
      interviews with the police, the girl explained how she repeatedly said “no” and
      “stop” but that the boys continued to assault her. When she came home from
      school that day, her mother noticed that she had blood on her underwear.

      But the Nassau County Police Department recently decided to drop the case
      after learning that the boys also had learning disabilities and mental
      handicaps, which apparently made the situation far too complicated for the
      police department.

      The department’s spokesperson told the New York Daily News , “It was more
      of a consensual situation with their mental capabilities.”

      Of course, head-banging, blood and repeated pleas to “stop” are never
      consensual situations--regardless of the IQ level of the attackers. But, in
      this case, the police department is even further off target. As the family’s
      lawyer explained, the girl has an IQ of about 50 points, which puts her
      below the cognitive functioning level to consent to sex at all....
      _http://goo.gl/pDNgf_ (http://goo.gl/pDNgf)

      Torso of African boy detectives believe was killed in a ritual sacrifice
      before being tossed into the Thames is 'identified' by key witness Torso
      named Adam by detectives has been 'revealed' as Nigerian-born Patrick Erhabor
      John Hall Thursday 07 February 2013

      A torso found in the Thames, which detectives believe belongs to an
      African boy murdered in a ritual sacrifice, has reportedly been identified by a
      key witness.

      Speaking to BBC News, Joyce Osagiede said the child was Nigerian-born
      Patrick Erhabor - a child she claims to have looked after in Germany before he
      was trafficked to the UK.

      Ms Osagiede went on to say she had handed the boy over to a bogus asylum
      seeker and convicted people smuggler called Kingsley Ojo, who was deported
      back to Nigeria despite having offered to help with the inquiry.

      The BBC said there is no evidence to suggest Ojo was involved in the
      murder or knew what would happen to the boy, however, and Ojo has always denied
      having anything to do with the killing.

      The torso, which was found close to London’s Tower Bridge in September
      2001, was named Adam by detectives. Forensic tests revealed he had come from
      Benin City in Nigeria....
      _http://goo.gl/P8bmE_ (http://goo.gl/P8bmE)

      Sister's persistence leads to murder charges
      Fullerton detectives question a convicted murderer, who confesses to
      killing 3 men in 1981-82 and disposing of the bodies in what he called a Tibetan
      sky burial ritual. Feb. 13, 2013

      Kathy Tessanne never let it go.

      Every so often for more than 30 years, Tessanne contacted Fullerton police
      and asked if there was any new information on a 1982 missing person

      Last week, Fullerton police detectives gave Tessanne and her siblings grim
      but not unexpected news.

      DNA tests conducted by the Orange County crime lab revealed that a partial
      skull found by hikers in 1985 near Big Bear has been identified as
      belonging to Frank Bartlett Marshall, Tessanne's long-missing foster brother.

      The detectives weren't finished: the skull, they explained, had a bullet
      hole in it, confirming her worst fears. Marshall, who was last seen when he
      drove his motorcycle away from her family's Fullerton home on Jan. 2, 1982,
      had been murdered.

      The detectives had more.

      New evidence led them to question a convicted killer serving two life
      terms for two murders of young men who had disappeared in very similar
      circumstances from Fullerton in late 1981.

      And the detectives told Tessanne that inmate – David Richard Campbell, 67 –
      confessed to killing Marshall and spreading his remains in rugged terrain
      near Big Bear in what he called a Tibetan sky burial, according to
      _http://goo.gl/mN1VX_ (http://goo.gl/mN1VX)

      Smashed: The sex-slave cult where women were 'forced to sleep with men
      claiming to be reincarnation of Christ' on Mexico-US border
      Cult was called the 'Defensores de Cristo' or 'Defenders of Christ'
      It allegedly recruited women to have sex with a Spanish man
      Authorities raided house across the border from Laredo, Texas
      By Leon Watson 30 January 2013
      Mexican officials broke up a bizarre cult that allegedly ran a sex-slavery
      ring among its followers on the U.S. border, Mexican immigration
      authorities revealed today.

      The 'Defensores de Cristo' or 'Defenders of Christ' allegedly recruited
      women to have sex with a Spanish man who claimed he was the reincarnation of
      Christ, according to an official of a victims' advocacy group.

      Followers were subjected to forced labor or sexual services, including
      prostitution, according to the National Immigration Institute that said it
      filed a complaint more than a year ago about the cult.

      Federal police, agents of Mexico's National Immigration Institute and
      prosecutors raided a house earlier this week near Nuevo Laredo, across the
      border from Laredo, Texas, and found cult members, including children, living
      in filthy conditions, according to the institute official....

      But according to the cult's website, the leader was Spaniard Ignacio
      Gonzalez de Arriba. He set up shop in Mexico about three years ago, after a
      stint in Brazil and other parts of South America, said Myrna Garcia, an
      activist with the Support Network for Cult Victims who has worked with victims of
      the Defenders of Christ cult.

      He became involved in offering courses on 'bio-programming,' an esoteric
      practice that claims to allow practicants to 'reprogram' their brains to
      eliminate pain, suffering and anxiety, according to institute....

      The Interior Department said the Defenders of Christ had not registered as
      a religious group, as required under Mexican law. Garcia said cells of the
      cult might still be active in Peru and Argentina
      _http://goo.gl/Q6HFT_ (http://goo.gl/Q6HFT)

      Konstantin Rudnev: Russian cult leader jailed for sex abuse
      A Russian cult leader who described himself as an "extra-terrestrial from
      Sirius" has been jailed for 11 years for sexually abusing his followers.
      By Tom Parfitt, Moscow 08 Feb 2013

      Konstantin Rudnev, 45, was convicted in a closed trial in Siberia of rape,
      drug trafficking, sexual assault and "creating an organisation that
      infringes on people's personality and rights".

      It was the end of an extraordinary and bizarre journey for the
      self-proclaimed prophet, who also went under the moniker Great Shaman Shri Dzhnan
      Avatar Muni.

      The former steelworker founded his strict, hierarchical cult called Ashram
      Shambala in the city of Novosibirsk in the late 1980s, cheating converts
      out of their belongings in exchange for a potpourri of esoteric and
      occultist teachings and the chance to "clean their energy channels" in mystical

      The cult grew rapidly, acquiring up to 20,000 followers at ashrams across

      Followers of the cult were persuaded to sell their apartments and cars and
      hand over the cash, while breaking links with their relatives.

      "Psychological pressure was put on the adherents," said Irina Zebrova, a
      Federal Security Service (FSB) spokesperson. "They were forced to
      unquestioningly follow the commands of the leader of the sect. People were punished
      with lack of food and sleep."

      Rudnev was originally arrested in 1999, but he escaped from a psychiatric
      hospital after being sent for checks. He was detained again in 2005 but his
      followers refused to give evidence against him.
      _http://goo.gl/gVfzf_ (http://goo.gl/gVfzf)