Announcement of International Survey for Adult Survivors of Extreme Abuse

  • smartnews@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      To: Fellow Survivors of Extreme Abuse and Their Advocates
      From: Carol Rutz
      Re: Announcement of International Survey for Adult Survivors of
      Extreme Abuse
      Thousands of persons who survived Ritual Abuse and/or Mind Control and as a
      result may have developed DID have been ignored too long and further injured
      by their inability to find quality mental health providers who will recognize
      and treat them. That is why I feel it so important to enlist your help in
      completing this survey to be conducted between January 1 and March 31st
      2007.
      This survey available in English and German is your opportunity to prove
      that Ritual Abuse, Mind Control, and Government Experimentation are not "Urban
      Legend," fantasy or implanted memories. Because of its international scope, I
      believe this to be the largest study of its kind, thereby giving credence to
      you and the reality of what has truly taken place.
      If you have been unable to find a safe way to find and use your voice, now
      is your opportunity to do a completely anonymous survey that may affect a
      change in the way we are perceived by an uniformed public, as well as by some
      skeptical mental health professionals. The International Society for the Study
      of Dissociation addresses the issue of “ritual” [their quotes] abuse and
      government-sponsored experiments in its “Guidelines for Treating Dissociative
      Identity Disorder in Adults (2005).”
      The developers of the guidelines state: “There is divergence of opinion in
      the field concerning the origins of patients’ reports of seemingly bizarre
      abuse experiences such as involvement in organized occultist “ritual” abuse and
      covert government sponsored mind control experiments.” They specify three
      opinions held by therapists: “(1) clinicians who believe patients’ reports of
      organized abuse; (2) clinicians who believe patients’ reports of other types
      of sadistic events are misremembered as “ritual” abuse and mind control; and
      (3) clinicians who believe that patients’ reports can be explained “as
      contagion, unconscious defensive elaborations, false memory, delusion, or
      deliberate confabulation.”
      Only a few researchers have interviewed, surveyed, or tested ritual abuse
      survivors directly and published their results in the peer-reviewed literature.
      In our literature review, we found no studies related to adults who
      remember both ritual abuse and trauma-based mind control or who remember mind
      control alone.
      The PURPOSE of the Survivor Survey is to explore commonalities shared by
      RA/MC survivors from around the world regarding:
      1. Types of abuse/violence/tortures to which you have been subjected.
      2. Aftereffects of RA/MC which you have experienced.
      3. Methods of healing that have been most effective for you.
      Thorsten Becker, Wanda Karriker, Bettina Overkamp and I are conducting this
      survey privately to give RA/MC survivors an opportunity to anonymously break
      the silence imposed by their perpetrators. We also hope to make others more
      aware of the existence of RA/MC, the aftereffects of extreme child abuse, and
      the resiliency of the human spirit. Your voice will not be silenced or
      altered by anyone who has tried to discredit your experiences.
      The results of the survey will be widely disseminated on the World Wide Web,
      in press releases and included in a book titled Ritual Abuse in the
      Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations
      edited by Randy Noblitt and Pamela Perskin. A group of renowned professionals
      from around the world will be contributing chapters.
      I, Carol Rutz, am author of A Nation Betrayed: The Chilling True Story of
      Secret Cold War Experiments Performed on Our Children and Other Innocent
      People, is a healed ritual abuse/mind control survivor who continues to work at
      endeavors which provide validation and healing for the survivor community. (See
      _http://www2.dmci.net/users/casey_ (http://www2.dmci.net/users/casey) )
      Thorsten Becker (_www.BeckerTho.de_ (http://www.beckertho.de/) ) is a Social
      Worker/Supervisor from Lueneburg, Germany. In 1994, he received the “German
      Child Protection Award” for his team’s work with ritually abused children.
      Wanda Karriker, Ph.D. is a retired psychologist from North Carolina who
      spent a career working with RA/MC survivors. For more information about her
      advocacy work for survivors see _www.MorningComeQuickly.com_
      (http://www.morningcomequickly.com/) .
      Bettina Overkamp, Ph.D. (_overkampgehrke@..._
      (mailto:overkampgehrke@...) ) is a psychologist working in a trauma ambulance in a
      psychiatric clinic in Germany. She is a member of the Executive Board of the
      European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (ESTD) and a member of the
      International Society for the Study of Dissociation (ISSD).
      Please join me in showing the world that we exist by
      1. Completing the anonymous survey at _www.extreme-abuse-survey.net_
      (http://www.extreme-abuse-survey.net/) which should take less than 30 minutes.
      2. Forwarding this email announcement to other RA/MC survivors whom you
      know, email lists of survivors, and all professionals you know who work with
      RA/MC survivors. Ask them to forward to RA/MC survivors and to professionals
      (including therapists, physicians, clergy, deprogrammers, researchers, law
      enforcement, attorneys, etc. who have worked with RA/MC survivors, etc) literally
      sending the announcement around the world.
      We can show a skeptical public that our numbers are beyond their wildest
      imaginations and that regardless of their belief or non-belief we need
      recognition and respect for having survived the most atrocious events known to
      humankind, hidden behind a mask of secrecy and disbelief.
      Numbers do count.
      Your voice does count and can make a difference.
      Thank you,
      Carol Rutz
      _casey@..._ (mailto:casey@...)