RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Erro booting appserver through remote d esktop

  • Shaun
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2005
      We also run a mainly Unix environment. So I installed
      the free Unix Ware tools (there are quite a number out
      there - they all work, we've tried) for windows and
      use ssh to the windows servers and treat them the same
      as I do my unix Application servers.

      With these tools you can also do the ssh user@server
      -c "command" syntax and script the service start/stop
      from ONE server only. <GRIN> (i.e. I type stop on my
      DB server and all the services on all servers for that
      instance stop, then the DB Instance stops...).

      Shaun Lindsay
      Senior DBA
      University of Cambridge UK

      --- "Kipp, Douglas" <doug.kipp@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Thanks, However this a Unix environment...

      From: "Ricky L. Parham" <ricky_parham@...>
      To: <psftdba@yahoogroups.com>
      appserver through remote
      desktop
      Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:05:12 -0400

      FILETIME=[9531F670:01C540F2]

      We use VNC and it works well. It basically connects
      you to the console and
      it just sends images of the console to you. So you
      can do anything remotely

      that you can do at the console (although the refresh
      rate sometimes isn't
      very fast, so that can sometimes be frustrating).

      - Ricky