Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Digest Number 323

  • Wolfgang Breitling
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2005
      I have done just that, except instead of using synonyms I create a logon
      trigger for each developer id which does an alter session set
      current_schema=sysadm.
      Same effect. The developers don't need to qualify the tables/views and I
      don't have any synonyms to maintain.

      At 04:25 PM 2/15/2005, psftdba@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. creating synonyms
      > From: "joness59" <joness59@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:30:14 -0000
      > From: "joness59" <joness59@...>
      >Subject: creating synonyms
      >

      >I need to create individual user names for several developers so that
      >backend changes can be audited by individuals instead of using the
      >SYSADM id. I want to create synonyms so the developers don't have to
      >qualify object names with the schema owner, but I don't want to create
      >public synonyms for the tables being accessed as this would present
      >security issues.
      >
      >Has anyone else done this and what do you recommend?
      >
      >TIA,
      >
      >Stephen Jones
      >BLM - PeopleSoft DBA

      Regards

      Wolfgang Breitling
      Centrex Consulting Corporation
      http://www.centrexcc.com
    • Bharat Sharma, PSFT
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
        If the current session is altered.. who will get audited - the developers ID
        or SYSADM?

        Bharat Sharma.
        IJIT Inc.

        I have done just that, except instead of using synonyms I create a logon
        trigger for each developer id which does an alter session set
        current_schema=sysadm.
        Same effect. The developers don't need to qualify the tables/views and I
        don't have any synonyms to maintain.

        At 04:25 PM 2/15/2005, psftdba@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        >There is 1 message in this issue.
        >
        >Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. creating synonyms
        > From: "joness59" <joness59@...>

        >Message: 1
        > Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:30:14 -0000
        > From: "joness59" <joness59@...>
        >Subject: creating synonyms
        >

        >I need to create individual user names for several developers so that
        >backend changes can be audited by individuals instead of using the
        >SYSADM id. I want to create synonyms so the developers don't have to
        >qualify object names with the schema owner, but I don't want to create
        >public synonyms for the tables being accessed as this would present
        >security issues.
        >
        >Has anyone else done this and what do you recommend?
        >
        >TIA,
        >
        >Stephen Jones
        >BLM - PeopleSoft DBA

        Regards

        Wolfgang Breitling
        Centrex Consulting Corporation
        http://www.centrexcc.com

        PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see
        http://www.psftdba.com
        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ricky_parham@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
          I like the idea of this trigger. Do you mind sharing your code for
          creating the trigger.

          Thanks,
          - Ricky

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@c...>