RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Digest Number 316

  • James Bowker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8 6:40 AM
      First, write a small export script to save off the report node
      information and anything else you want to save. Have a par file that
      lists those tables - this will eliminate the manual step of fixing the
      report node.

      Second, write another shell script to set your environment (basically
      what psconfig.sh does) and use the command line version of psadmin. If
      you don't mind using rsh, have your other system then kick off this
      script and any others you need.

      Jim Bowker

      From: Montgomerie Steve <steve.montgomerie@...>
      2. pre-installation requirement for peoplesoft enterprise
      From: "ikingus" <ikingus@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:46:55 -0500
      From: Montgomerie Steve <steve.montgomerie@...>
      Subject: Stopping app server remotely

      Good day.
      I am to write a procedure that does an unattended data load of prod data
      into test.

      What I do normally is
      Copy export file from prod to test
      Drop all sysadm tables and views
      Stop app server/process scheduler
      Run the import
      Do some reconfig for report repository and such
      Start app server and process scheduler

      Is it possible to stop/start the app server & process scheduler from a
      remote machine?
      If I can figure this out I can write one stored procedure that does all
      of
      the above for me.

      Thanks

      Steve

      Steve Montgomerie
      PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator
      SIEMENS Shared Services, LLC

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:09:41 -0000
      From: "ikingus" <ikingus@...>
      Subject: pre-installation requirement for peoplesoft enterprise

      Hello, everyone.

      Does anyone have summary of technical requirement for peopletools
      8.44 installation? I know that I need to install COBOL complier,
      but other than that what do I need to install? Is there a 3rd party
      software components or library function that need to be added? I'm
      trying to setup the following production environment. Thanks!

      a) Webservers - Sun 5.9 Weblogic 8.1
      b) App server - AIX 5.2
      c) Database & Batch Server - AIX 5.2 Oracle 9.2.0.4
      d) File Server for report & deployment - 2003 windows server

      -John

    • James Blanding
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 11:48 AM
        SSH will happily handle remote command execution and will eliminate the
        inherent security risks of rsh.

        --James